PDA

View Full Version : Names of places

Vytis
29-01-2004, 22:12
Native or english?
Historic or modern?
Will we have the ability to change/correct the names in the game files?
Is there a final list already? If not, can board members discuss them and make some suggestions? If=yes, will anyone listen to them?
:king:

Angryminer
29-01-2004, 22:24
Anyway, you can suggest nearly everything and the devs will take a look at it.
That's why there are threads about the nations-list all over this forum ;) .

Angryminer

Elewyn
30-01-2004, 11:05
I think that there can be shown some list of realms and places before game release for players who know lot about particular region and they then can correct or point out some mistakes which can emerge there. But only if the devs would like to do it.

I think that right names are very important for simulation of medieval Europe. Anyway, I don't think it's necessary to have original historical names everywhere. Possible for those which are common (english, french, spanish, italian and maybe german).

Here I can say that I still hope that capitals won't have names of Provinces, but their own: no town of Bavaria, town of Prussia, town of Sicily, land of Budapest or London etc. Of course Milan, Bergen and some of these should name whole realm...

Angryminer
30-01-2004, 11:39
There is this "Austria besieged"-screenshot where we all could see the town "Austria".

Angryminer

Emhyr var Emreis
30-01-2004, 12:36
Originally posted by Angryminer
There is this "Austria besieged"-screenshot where we all could see the town "Austria".

Angryminer Town of Wienna I suppose will be better.

timurlenk
30-01-2004, 12:52
vienna would match perfect.

also, as discussed before, there was no budapest, but (o)buda and pest.

i hope, countries and towns will get different and correct names too :hello:

and the possibility to edit these names (and also the names of knights) would be :cool:

Haegemon
30-01-2004, 21:04
Two words: native, historic. *like an atlas* :D

Jarlabanke
30-01-2004, 23:18
I agree

Vytis
13-02-2004, 15:20
I'd like native and historic names also. They would help create more accurate atmosphere/feel for a certain nation/country that you will be playing. And not only your nation. Other countries would seem 'more real' if they had their original names. So overall ambience of the game would increase. Plus, you get to learn some history and geography.

I'm sure this forum could be of help [coming up with historic names] to devs if this proposition is accepted.

Henrik
13-02-2004, 15:27
Originally posted by Vytis
I'd like native and historic names also. They would help create more accurate atmosphere/feel for a certain nation/country that you will be playing. And not only your nation. Other countries would seem 'more real' if they had their original names. So overall ambience of the game would increase. Plus, you get to learn some history and geography.

I'll agree, it would be nice to have the historical names of the various places, but maybe it should be made so it's possible decide whether or not a game should be playd with the "original" names ? - ie. not all users are "history freaks/nerds" ;)

I would personally play the game with the old names of places :)