PDA

View Full Version : King, Queen, Prince...

Lost
01-08-2005, 07:06
Hello All,

Just a seemingly easy question I cannot find an answer to:

Where do you keep your King? In the Royal Court, over seas as a merchant , in a town as a marshall......

Here is my problem.

I started over in Ireland, with a King Queen & One Prince.

I managed to kill the other two provinces, merging into Ireland.

Thereafter my King dies. My Queen disapears.

My Heir, the solo Prince, who is age: Young, is also single still.

So I pull him from overseas trading, and bring him back to the royal court.

So now he is a single King!

I need to know what to do to get him a queen & make lots & lots of babies.

I have all of Ireland, united as Ireland, but no other provinces and NO one who was my friend, still is after I united Ireland.

What to do...

Thanks for all your input!!

Kris_stz
01-08-2005, 08:17
Well to get him a queen you can usually wait until he findes his own queen.Or you could possibly ask another country to a royal marriga between your king and that others kingdoms princess.Than all you have to do is wait until the king has children.But note this your king has had to have atleast one boy borned otherwise you'll leave your kingdom without a heir.

Largefry07
02-08-2005, 00:31
The son has to be of age to claim the throne. Meaning your king could have a son and would be the heir to the throne but the prince has not mutured and become king.

Lost
02-08-2005, 02:18
Excellent, got it all figured out. Thanks guys!

Kris_stz
02-08-2005, 07:48
Can a baby inheir the throne?

Largefry07
02-08-2005, 23:53
Look above.

The Beastmaster
06-08-2005, 00:22
Well to get him a queen you can usually wait until he findes his own queen.Or you could possibly ask another country to a royal marriga between your king and that others kingdoms princess.Than all you have to do is wait until the king has children.But note this your king has had to have atleast one boy borned otherwise you'll leave your kingdom without a heir.
Finds his own queen???

Have not played that many games, but I've never seen this happen yet.

Angryminer
06-08-2005, 11:14
When you don't marry your king he will eventually marry an "ordnary noblewoman".
That's the (only) way the AI kings get heirs.

Angryminer

Kris_stz
07-08-2005, 08:12
Yes its true.The king gets merried himself after a while.

junobeach
08-08-2005, 18:39
Finds his own queen???

Have not played that many games, but I've never seen this happen yet.

I've done this before - As soon as you have a new King, start offering royal marriages. You might get lucky and get offered a Royal Queen. Then when the King of the Queen's former country dies you can claim some land if you want. There is a drop in relations with that country if you do and a rise if you don't claim inheritance.

junobeach
08-08-2005, 18:44
If you marry your Prince (heir to the Crown) as SOON as he matures could he already have children when he becomes King? The reason I'm asking is that I've had very bad luck with either impotent Kings or one-child families - sometimes only a Princess. Very frustrating.

Angryminer
08-08-2005, 18:46
No, princes can't have sons when they are still princes. Though, by being married from the first to last moment of reign, their chance of having a heir is very high and up to the current day no prince that was married before he became king died without a male heir in any of my games.

Angryminer

junobeach
08-08-2005, 19:16
Thanks for the quick reply Angryminer. That's good info to know.

Doux
09-08-2005, 16:14
No, princes can't have sons when they are still princes. Though, by being married from the first to last moment of reign, their chance of having a heir is very high and up to the current day no prince that was married before he became king died without a male heir in any of my games.
You're a lucky man then. I've had this in multiple games already. Not more than once per game yet, but I didn't play them all to the "end".