PDA

View Full Version : Tax Collector's Office

junobeach
02-08-2005, 23:17
Is it a good idea to destroy the tax collector's office in conquered towns to improve happiness/decrease rebels? Money is not an issue at the moment but I hate inflation.

Baghera
02-08-2005, 23:22
I like to keep the tax collector's office so that I can build markets later on.
One building I do tend to destroy when not needed is the quarry.
To improve happiness make sure that the inn and hostel improvements have been built, I also like to build wineries even though it is a bit wasteful... I just like seeing lots of wine being made.

conquestare legionare
02-08-2005, 23:27
if money is no issue and youve got yourself a good income then go ahead remove them they only take space and gives just too little support for the income , plus it decreases your provinces happiness.an admiralty is better choice if you try to squezze every coin out of your province without really wasteing space and also the many coins look good, also enables the exotic goodies who only can be obtained by building an admirality.

Doux
03-08-2005, 15:15
I usually don't destroy such buildings, but instead convert & adopt the province right away. Especially if the town has 2 or more villages; towns with only one or zero, I never give Markets & Tax Collectors.
If a town has the possibility of building a quarry and there are villages, I think a quarry is well worth the negative rebellion risk, since that makes new buildings come in a lot quicker.

junobeach
03-08-2005, 18:37
I like the thinking about determining how many villages there are as a factor to building/destroying tax collector's offices. Thanks for the suggestions.