PDA

View Full Version : King-Marshall dying

Dgold
03-08-2005, 02:59
When my King, who was a Marshall with a large army, died - his entire army disappeared. Is this correct? Any way around this?

Also he had a second son who had not yet been given a job as a Knight. When the first son became King, this second son disappeared from the family display. Is this correct?

Do Knights or Princes acting as Knights grow old and die, or does only the King?

Thanks.

Canute
03-08-2005, 05:44
Yes that is normal. (correct is a a matter of taste :) )

Only king's age. If it helps think that the other leaders are the heads of houses that change but dont get any attention. When your king dies all his family dissapears exept his heir who becomes the next king. The exception to this are the family members serving as Marshals of various sorts. They stay on in a reduced capacity - they now require payment, they can no longer be called back to the royal court, and they can't change rolls. If you dissmiss them they are gone.

The marshalls that were once royal family are now just like any other marshal except that they are almost certainly not spies. If your king dies without an heir one of them might succeed, but not automatically. If he succeeds his stats as a king will be different from when you could see his stats as a royal heir.

When your king dies his army deserts and is gone. To save them you must call him back to the court before he dies (this will remove all his accompanying unit experience). To save the unit experience deposit accompanyiing troups into one or more city garrisons (this preserves the unit experience) and then return the king to court. You must call a king back to court to relinquish seige weapons as there is normally no way of removing them.

Personally I'd much rather have the life of one of my non king marshals - Immortal Gods of War!