PDA

View Full Version : Knights/Heroes

Pages : [1] 2

WAR_PIG
30-01-2004, 20:22
Will the kngihts/governors/heroes be able to gain battlefield experience after several armed encounters? Will these same knights gain "other" attributes over time such as "sadist-will massacre all in his path" or "pathetic weenie-will flee the battlefield when barely outnumbered:? :)

And will these knights die with old age? :cheers:

Henrik
30-01-2004, 20:55
That's quite interesting :scratch: - they sure should implement a feature where you would gain some sort af an attack bonus for staying on the battlefield and be punished for fleeing (it's not honorable to flee - i.e. ones reputation would probably suffer back in those days )

Angryminer
30-01-2004, 21:16
Step-by-step:
- You send a knight into battle
- Your knight wins
- You gain fame-points
- You upgrade the knight's skills with this fame-points
- Your knight has better skills now.

Angryminer

Henrik
30-01-2004, 21:28
Originally posted by Angryminer
Step-by-step:
- Your knight wins
- You gain fame-points
- You upgrade the knight's skills with this fame-points
- Your knight has better skills now.

Angryminer

Or...

- Your knight looses
- You loose fame-points
- Your knight has gained "bad experience" points now. ( or something like that )

WAR_PIG
30-01-2004, 23:40
Does anyone know about the knights dying of old age?

Rnett
30-01-2004, 23:49
From what I've read, there won't be a year counter, so my guess would be no, about the age.:)

WAR_PIG
30-01-2004, 23:55
Awesome. I would've hated building a Knight with some kick-butt stats to have him NOT die on the field of battle! :mad:

As for the knights getting negative traits, I think it would be a good idea if the knights got bad traits if they acted cowardly. I don't think that if a knight lost a battle he should automatically be penalized. I mean even the good guys lose some battles......but with pride :cheers:

Henrik
31-01-2004, 00:17
Originally posted by WAR_PIG
Does anyone know about the knights dying of old age?

I think that i've read somewhere that the king can die of old age - i just can't find it right now ! - but it also seems that they sorta canceled that feature :(

Frank Fay:All I can say there will be an option to play with and without succession. Characters dont age. Knights dont have a succession feature only Kings, because KoH is no LifeSim
Link (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32&highlight=succession+feature)

Fran Fay:A King can attend to a battle too (represented by a King unit) and the mechanics are the same as fighting with Knights. But when the King dies the game does not end but the succession feature comes in to place.
Link (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85&highlight=king+dies)

hope this helps :)

WAR_PIG
31-01-2004, 00:42
Good show, Henrik :cheers: Thanks for the info. I'm sure I'll have more stupid questions in the future:rolleye: :D

Konrad II
05-02-2004, 04:25
Maybe instead of gaining fame you can have your knight gain experience from what he does. Like if he kills prisoners lets know one live or so forth, the enemy should be scared of the knight. If the knight wins many battles he should be a good strategest and a good leader. If the man prays for the dead and so forth maybe the Pope will gain his favor. And last but not least the better the leader the knight is then he should be able to govern cities make them prosper instead of you keeping and eye on each city. Since the knight is thier you will know he is a able leader and have no fear of what happens in the city.

hulkster225
05-02-2004, 07:12
yea gaining certain traits, that could help or hurt you depending on how you performed in battle would be a nice addition.

Frank Fay
05-02-2004, 10:15
Fame works like experience but it is called fame, as all is about honor and glory.

Angryminer
05-02-2004, 15:40
The point is that knights should manage their fame by themselves. Of course, you gain fame with your actions, but knights should do either!
You are still able to influence your knight's skills by spending fame points, but the knights gain skill points by themselves. Thus the personality of a knight influences you (the player) even more. It may even turn out that the knight you just made marshall suddenly develops into a whimp ;) .

The FAQ already states "Each [knight] is unique, and you will get to know and love them." - why not develop this idea?

Angryminer

hulkster225
05-02-2004, 22:23
yea you got a point

Henrik
05-02-2004, 23:17
Originally posted by Angryminer
The FAQ already states "Each [knight] is unique, and you will get to know and love them." - why not develop this idea?

Angryminer

A perfectly good question - i'm also for this idea :) - did someone just say KOH2 ? :p

hulkster225
06-02-2004, 01:08
KoH2? Gettin a little bit ahead, considering that there still isn't even a final release date for the first one.

Henrik
06-02-2004, 05:57
Originally posted by hulkster225
KoH2? Gettin a little bit ahead, considering that there still isn't even a final release date for the first one.

First of all i like to be ahead :D

Second, we are aprox. four month from the release ( as i understand it ) so i think that we are near the time where they simply don't have the time to implement new stuff unless they have to move the release date in the "wrong" direction and we don't want that wont we ;)

Frank Fay
06-02-2004, 10:10
why not develop this idea?

It is as you said. The Knights get their own fame, working like experience points. For the fame he can upgrade his skills.

Previously we had all Knights gather fame for the Kingdom and can be spend on ALL Knights. But we found out that spending the fame on the Knight who earns it is much more fun and player get even more attached to his Knight.

Fame is not only earned in military actions though. A governour for instance will get fame when his town reach a new level etc.

Same goes for spies ...

Jorghan
06-02-2004, 10:50
Sounds great.

But do we use these points for the knight, or does it get to spend them himself. (Without player control.) And if the player has the control, is it possible to delegate the control to the knight?

Angryminer
06-02-2004, 11:24
They should be entirely spend by the knights on their own skills...
Would be really cool :go: .

Angryminer