PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy and the spy

WAR_PIG
30-01-2004, 20:34
I don't know about you all, but I felt like EU2 diplomacy was horrible and the lack espionage was dissapointing. And Total War's diplomacy was pathetic and the espionage was limited to assassinations and a little bit of spying.

I'm hoping KOH will be SO MUCH BETTER in those areas. People here have brought uo some great ideas for the spies: burning crops, hijacking tradeships, etc. Are ther any suggestions for the diplomacy part?

Henrik
30-01-2004, 20:48
The game features - if remember correct - 24 diplomatic options so i'll guess we are well covered on that one ;)

WAR_PIG
31-01-2004, 00:00
Henrik,
Do you remeber any of the actions? I mean beside the obvious "marry my daughter", "here's some gold/land please don't invade me", "declare war", etc.

Any interesting diplomacy choices?

Henrik
31-01-2004, 00:23
Originally posted by WAR_PIG
Henrik,
Do you remeber any of the actions? I mean beside the obvious "marry my daughter", "here's some gold/land please don't invade me", "declare war", etc.

Any interesting diplomacy choices?

No :( unfortunatly they have keept their card close their bodies on these things ! - they haven't told us much about it...

hulkster225
31-01-2004, 20:08
I definitely agree that they will have to do a good job with diplomacy to make the game great. That was one of the really glaring problems in medieval total war, which really annoyed me.

Overdose
01-02-2004, 17:36
^ word :cool:

Zakath
02-02-2004, 11:16
Just to go a lil off topic, while yet remaining on topic :P

EU2 didn't have a horrible diplomatic system, it wasn't the best one, but plenty good from a realistic viewpoint :)

Medieval was horrible though. So I'll add my wish for a splendid diplomatic system here! Spies aren't terribly important though, afaik they usually were nobles from some other realm seduced by the lure of gold :)

Zak

Jorghan
02-02-2004, 12:01
You will be able to have up to 5 spies, chosen from your knights, in the same manner that you will be able to have 5 marshalls.