PDA

View Full Version : Spys getting caught

Xazax
05-08-2005, 16:18
Usally after I inflitraded a kingdom and rebeled his army or something of the sort, before he is even hired again or gains influence he always i mean ALWAYS get caught then i have to bail him out is there a reason for this? what i do now is after he's done doing the dirty work i usaully pull him out and let him spy on another kingdom which makes it impossible to keep on the one kingdom that i want to ruin.

conquestare legionare
05-08-2005, 17:54
lets just say that the kingdom you want to ruin has a good spy counterspying or your spy just have bad luck.

Doux
05-08-2005, 22:18
That's right; Counterspies hurt and your spy could be really inexperienced - make sure he's got 5 stars.

The Beastmaster
06-08-2005, 00:17
The kicker here is... who has books to waste on training spies?

Most of the game, my books are used as part of the re-educating the conquered masses so they know how to behave in the new kingdom. (And thus greatly lowering the chances of uprisings) And when I do have enough books for training, they go to the cleric so he has a better chance for religious conversion... or, to the king who is my counter-spy.

maladominus
06-08-2005, 03:40
Usally after I inflitraded a kingdom and rebeled his army or something of the sort, before he is even hired again or gains influence he always i mean ALWAYS get caught then i have to bail him out is there a reason for this

Yeah. The reason is simple: the kingdom you are trying to infiltrate has VERY good counterspies.

I noticed this also, especially when I am trying to infiltrate a RICH enemy kingdom who always has like 12,000+ gold or something. That means the kingdom is very rich, and they have plenty of money to spend on espionage and training them.

On the other hand.... when enemy kingdom is poor (they lack money) or a young NEW kingdom, it usually means they do not yet have counterspies. So it is much easier to infiltrate these.

Doux
06-08-2005, 13:48
The kicker here is... who has books to waste on training spies?

Well, if you're 30+ provinces big and make sure every town's got a Church and towns, that can build them, Universities, you'll have a very good book income and no book shortage at all..

Da Bomb
07-08-2005, 00:09
Most of the time I have books to do nothing with.

Xazax
07-08-2005, 05:25
Man it just happend to me AGAIN! playing as england and i just "rebeled" byzatina's armies i was like "ok ill send him back in"(he's a lvl 5 spy) and so i sent him to spy on the same person. Now he didnt even get hired AS anything and 15 seconds later he gets caught and i have to pay a good 50,000 to bail the dumby out :furious: .

Da Bomb
07-08-2005, 20:36
That's why once you perform a deed in a country and he comes back to you, DON'T send him back because that will likely happen. You get a message saying, "We caught a apy who already was here and did something bad" or something like that. You don't want to send them back.

junobeach
08-08-2005, 18:33
I like the realism of that - the enemy country recognizes your spy if he tries to infiltrate again. It makes sense, doesn't it?