PDA

View Full Version : From Chatolic to Orthodox!?

Diablo_
06-08-2005, 11:13
I am playing as Sicilyan and their faith is chatolic but my faith is orthodox and i would like to change it.If i change my faith will that make population in all towns that are chatolic unhappy?

conquestare legionare
06-08-2005, 11:22
you can risk a rebellion and loose a provinces which will turn into kingdoms. so i recommend you to first have control over the situation before converting.

maladominus
06-08-2005, 13:31
I am playing as Sicilyan and their faith is chatolic but my faith is orthodox and i would like to change it.If i change my faith will that make population in all towns that are chatolic unhappy?

Raise your kingdom power first.... when your KP is high, you are stable, and risk of rebellion is very low even when you convert your religion

Doux
06-08-2005, 13:54
It would give -5 happiness right? maladominus's right.

Hmm, would the Spread Heresy and such options from your Spies that are hired as Clecrics also be available in the Papacy and Byzantium? I know you cannot change your religion when playing Byzantium..

Diablo_
06-08-2005, 14:10
Curently i have my kindom power at the maximum and every province of my 15 is in -happines (happy) exept of 3 or 4 so ill risk.Ill come back to tell you what happend.

Da Bomb
07-08-2005, 00:08
It would give -5 happiness right? maladominus's right.

Hmm, would the Spread Heresy and such options from your Spies that are hired as Clecrics also be available in the Papacy and Byzantium? I know you cannot change your religion when playing Byzantium..

Yea lol. I once made Thrace and Papacy Muslim or the opposite of what they were. Funny. I then took over Thrace and never did anything to protect it because it had a bazillion defensive structures lol. :biggrin:

Xazax
07-08-2005, 05:04
Its hard to change because of the Big drop in kingdom power i think you lose like 10 or so so hard to convert i think it should be a little less on the KP

Da Bomb
07-08-2005, 20:31
Yea I was a Pagan nation and became Catholic. It was funny because, although I lost KP and happiness, I was instantly united or harmonious with every Catholic nation!! So I made so many alliances and called on them when under attack.

Doux
07-08-2005, 21:07
That's a nice strat indeed!

But that brings us to something: being Pagan is absolutely worthless, a waste of money and nothing good. That should change..

Mircoslavux
06-09-2005, 15:35
Hi all,
I tried ti find it somewhere in threads but without success.
So I want to read you advice about this:
How are the (dis)advatages, when you are orthodox and you cancel the subordination of Constantinopel?

Then does your cleric become a patriach? What are the (dis)advantages of it?

so please feel free to post you advices..

Adrian ROM
06-09-2005, 16:06
The only advantage of being an independent orthodox church is that the army has a higher morale. Maybe you are more respected , but not sure!!!

When you proclaim the independency of your church , Byzantia declares war on you. If Byznatia is in good relationship with other orthodox countries if very likely that they also declare war to you.

Be careful because the patriarch is not living forever. Mine died yesterday. He lived much longer than the kings. I changed 3 or 4 kings while he was alive.
Now the morale of my army droped :angry:

I must grow another one now , not big deal but I have to change my plans a bit and I must face a delay....

have FUN and be crazy!!! :cheers: :hello:

Mircoslavux
06-09-2005, 16:47
The only advantage of being an independent orthodox church is that the army has a higher morale. Maybe you are more respected , but not sure!!!
When you proclaim the independency of your church , Byzantia declares war on you. If Byznatia is in good relationship with other orthodox countries if very likely that they also declare war to you.
Be careful because the patriarch is not living forever. Mine died yesterday. He lived much longer than the kings. I changed 3 or 4 kings while he was alive.
Now the morale of my army droped :angry:
I must grow another one now , not big deal but I have to change my plans a bit and I must face a delay....
:hello:

thanks, but then you have to have two clerics - the second will be then patriach? After the patriach dies.

hm could you proclaim independency from Constantinopel in the situation when you have no cleric in your court? Who will be patriach? Or only cleric can be patriach?
Maybe silly questions but very interesting.... :lol:

Shane
06-09-2005, 19:11
I think that once your cleric is elected patriarch, you still use him in his clerical duties.

Xuca
06-09-2005, 21:45
thanks, but then you have to have two clerics - the second will be then patriach? After the patriach dies.

hm could you proclaim independency from Constantinopel in the situation when you have no cleric in your court? Who will be patriach? Or only cleric can be patriach?
Maybe silly questions but very interesting.... :lol:
You must have a 5 star cleric who is not a member of the royal family. Than you can claim independency. When your patriarch dies, you again must have a 5 star cleric who is not a member of the royal family to inherit him, otherwise you get subordinated again.
I think that once your cleric is elected patriarch, you still use him in his clerical duties.
Yes, you are right. This makes him much cooler than the pope. :cool: :biggrin:

Empress Meg
06-09-2005, 22:27
Great news! I hated when my cleric became Pope, as soon as it happened I tossed him out of my kingdom and started to educate a whole new cleric. Took a ton of time to do.

Devoirs The Empress