PDA

View Full Version : From a religion to another....

Electric oyster
12-08-2005, 14:15
I've just got this game and I was wondring if it's possible to change your religion from cahtolic to pagan? :scratch:

Reason? because I want to make the game a little harder

Gallifrey
12-08-2005, 15:10
You can change your kingdom's religion via the Religion tab on the Treasury menu. However, you must have at least one province following the religion you wish to convert to in order to make the change. When you do convert, your kingdom pretty much falls apart putting you essentially back where you started, but with a lot more trouble and upset.

Electric oyster
12-08-2005, 15:23
Thanks for the quick reaply Gallifrey

Xuca
12-08-2005, 15:26
But you can't change it to pagan. Only to ortodox, catholic or muslim.

Gallifrey
12-08-2005, 15:51
Ah, good to know. I've never had the occasion to look into converting to the Pagan faith. Though I've noticed that AI kingdoms can do it...

Xuca
12-08-2005, 15:54
AI somethimes changes it's religion FROM pagan to another, and not to pagan religion.

Gallifrey
12-08-2005, 16:06
No, I've often seen a message that says "So-and-so finally accepted the Pagan religion" in the events window.

Xuca
12-08-2005, 16:21
Pagans can't hire clerics, and the provinces are automaticly converted. When a pagan kingdom conquers a non-pagan province, it gets auto converted to the pagan religion, and you get "So-and-so finally accepted the Pagan religion"

Diablo_
12-08-2005, 16:25
I never played with paganic kingdom...

Gallifrey
12-08-2005, 16:31
Pagans can't hire clerics, and the provinces are automaticly converted. When a pagan kingdom conquers a non-pagan province, it gets auto converted to the pagan religion, and you get "So-and-so finally accepted the Pagan religion"

Ah!
So, if you play a Pagan kingdom, provinces you take over automatically convert to Paganism? That sounds rather handy actually. Of course, I suppose something has to make up for your being a prime target for a crusade :wink: