PDA

View Full Version : The Mongols

Pikeman
01-02-2004, 12:59
A long way back there was a thread (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37) asking if the mongols were in the game, and Frank said it was too early to discuss. I thought I'd just ask the question again, considering that there is a unit called steppe cavalry, which was probably the main unit of the Golden Horde. Sorry if it's still too early.:D

Frank Fay
01-02-2004, 16:25
Give us bit more time... we will reveal soon all fractions. Sorry to ask again for some patience :angel:

Henrik
01-02-2004, 16:31
I certainly hope they will, coz lots of "exciting" things happened around 1241 ( and earlier ) Mongol Invasion of Europe (http://historymedren.about.com/library/prm/bl1mongolinvasion.htm) so it would be a shame not include them.

Maybe thay could be some kind of a joker i.e you could get them to help you in exchange for granting them land, money - go figure ;) ..........ofcause other fractions in the game should have the equal option - so you could risk to have a mogol invasion army standing in you backyard :eek: ( don't ya just hate when that happens :D )

hulkster225
01-02-2004, 18:26
Yea the Mongols would be great to have in the game. It fits historically and I think they could be really unique compared to all the rest of europes factions.

Henrik
01-02-2004, 20:23
Originally posted by Frank Fay
Give us bit more time... we will reveal soon all fractions. Sorry to ask again for some patience :angel:

Patience is a virtue they say :rolleyes:

Well, i lost both many years ago ;) - so what's it ganna be Frank - do we risk that suddenly a massive horde of savage mongols will invade our "peaceful realm" :angel: from the east :p

WAR_PIG
02-02-2004, 02:46
I would like if you would like you can play the Mongols, but if you don't their invasion into the Europe should be random. In Total War I always prepared for ther invasion if I was an Eastern or Eastern European power.

It would also be a HUGE downer :mad: if I played as a smaller realm in Eastern Europe jsut to be used as a door mat by the Mongols. Once again, not very historical, but I believe it would make for better play.

hulkster225
02-02-2004, 04:50
Yea that could be cool, but you can only really do that to a certain point. For example it would be kinda ridiculous if the mongols would attack from like italy or north africa or somethin

timurlenk
02-02-2004, 17:38
yeah, let the mongols invade twice...

first 1241 and
second about 1300, led by timur lenk , smashing the ottoman turks... :dwink:

but let them appear at random (although there is no "year-counter" afaik)

hulkster225
03-02-2004, 20:06
I was thinking that they could do raids with smaller forces kind of often after a certain point but only do major invasions every once in a while.

Henrik
03-02-2004, 22:57
I also like the idea about the mongols doing small raids and sometimes a full scale invasion, because it forces the player to keep an eye on the eastern part of the map and this will also give the player two objective when playing a game of KOH:

The primary objective: to become emperor of Europe.
The secondary objective: to avoid being slaughtered by the mongols.

Gorgoroth
04-02-2004, 01:41
Hmm I don't think, that we will see Mongols in the game.:angel:

Henrik
04-02-2004, 03:30
well, one can only hope :)

hulkster225
04-02-2004, 07:16
no mongols!!! Say it ain't so!!!!

Angryminer
04-02-2004, 12:30
Ask the BSS-testers if it was fun to be killed by mongols...
Their opinion decides what's in and what's out.

Angryminer