PDA

View Full Version : Crusaders

Pages : [1] 2

Zomater
14-08-2005, 10:25
I do only have the demo now but I'll get the full version on wednesday but there is one thing I just don't understand.. :scratch: how do I get crusaders?? :confused:

Elvain
14-08-2005, 10:32
you'll see it in full game, but...

there are 2 posibilities:
1) you are catholic kingdom and your cleric isn't the pope:
the pope asks one of your marshalls to engage a crusade against some infidel kingdom...

2) you are catholic kingdom and your cleric is the pope:
in your marshalls' menu there is new option "preach crusade" so your marshall starts the crusade against some kingdom you are at war (what can be good, because crusader units are kinda stronger than ordinary ones)
3) you are not catholic: you can only be a target of a crusade. Generaly: the more catholic enemies you have(being at war) the higher probability of crusade against you. The more catholic(or also) provinces you have (while being muslim or pagan), the higher probability of crusade against you

whenever a marshall goes to crusade, he automaticaly gets crusader units instead of his own.

Zomater
14-08-2005, 10:48
you'll see it in full game, but...

there are 2 posibilities:
1) you are catholic kingdom and your cleric isn't the pope:
the pope asks one of your marshalls to engage a crusade against some infidel kingdom...

2) you are catholic kingdom and your cleric is the pope:
in your marshalls' menu there is new option "preach crusade" so your marshall starts the crusade against some kingdom you are at war (what can be good, because crusader units are kinda stronger than ordinary ones)
3) you are not catholic: you can only be a target of a crusade. Generaly: the more catholic enemies you have(being at war) the higher probability of crusade against you. The more catholic(or also) provinces you have (while being muslim or pagan), the higher probability of crusade against you

whenever a marshall goes to crusade, he automaticaly gets crusader units instead of his own.

ok...thanks... but what happens after he attacked the kingdom (if we take example nr. 1)??
can you steer the crusaders??

Elvain
14-08-2005, 10:51
well. I forgot this.

When a marshal turns to be crusader, he can't be controlled by his lord. He goes(slowly) towards the target (mostly the closest town of the target kingdom)
His lord can't chose which town to conquer

Zomater
14-08-2005, 10:54
well. I forgot this.

When a marshal turns to be crusader, he can't be controlled by his lord. He goes(slowly) towards the target (mostly the closest town of the target kingdom)
His lord can't chose which town to conquer

well so he turns out to be the pope's soldier instead of your own?

Elvain
14-08-2005, 13:00
kind of...

Zomater
14-08-2005, 13:24
SO YOU NEVER GET HIM BACK??

that's not to good if they get some marshal that's good :nono:

Xuca
14-08-2005, 14:25
No, you can withdraw the crusade.

Zomater
14-08-2005, 14:32
No, you can withdraw the crusade.

but then he won't be a crusader anymore, right?
he becomes the marshal he was before..

at least I want him to be a crusader at my service cause they are the best units i think

Der Grosse
15-08-2005, 10:05
but then he won't be a crusader anymore, right?
he becomes the marshal he was before..

at least I want him to be a crusader at my service cause they are the best units i think

Dear Knight,
If you want to know how to make crusaders, ask! I know the solution (without cheating!) :angel:

Zomater
15-08-2005, 11:28
Dear Knight,
If you want to know how to make crusaders, ask! I know the solution (without cheating!) :angel:

ok...how??

Der Grosse
15-08-2005, 12:29
ok...how??

OK, no problemo! I will explain to you, but first I would like to know if anybody else knows how to do this!?!?

Thanks!

Der Grosse

Elvain
15-08-2005, 13:32
it's easy:
mod the game and enable crusader units to some kingdoms(or provinces, but I rather prefer kingdoms: Jerusalem, Latins, Antioch)

Der Grosse
15-08-2005, 13:36
it's easy:
mod the game and enable crusader units to some kingdoms(or provinces, but I rather prefer kingdoms: Jerusalem, Latins, Antioch)

No! No mods, no cheats, no other bull****! Only real thing! :angel:

Elvain
15-08-2005, 13:45
so then there is only one choice:
send your king or prince on a crusade and while he's going to crusade, call him back to the court and you'll have mercenary camp with crusader units

Der Grosse
15-08-2005, 15:03
so then there is only one choice:
send your king or prince on a crusade and while he's going to crusade, call him back to the court and you'll have mercenary camp with crusader units

I have tried this many times, but won't work! :bash:
After you call him back nothing is left from his Crusader army, not even mercenary camp, only the marshal himself (and he is very vulnerable at this stage, because he is alone)!
Other suggestions.....

Elvain
15-08-2005, 16:00
I didn't mean signing peace with the target kingdom but calling him back when he's crusader

Wolfgrin
15-08-2005, 21:20
Okay, Der Grosse, how do you do it?

If you've just been building up to some stupid joke, then we, as a community, will call a crusade against you.

Da Bomb
16-08-2005, 02:34
Yea. Tell us if you really know.

Da Bomb
16-08-2005, 02:35
I didn't mean signing peace with the target kingdom but calling him back when he's crusader

That sounds like a good idea. I should try that sometime. :hello: :biggrin: