PDA

View Full Version : My spy on the battlefield

PET
15-08-2005, 23:04
Ok, my spy goes as marchal on my enemy. I fight with HIM ! I killed him, i lost him. Strange ? :) Not! It happend...why ? Why i didn't have any options during the battle ? :D

ThatguyPhil
15-08-2005, 23:28
Until you command your spy to do "spyish" things (insite army to rebel, etc...) he will act like the role he was hired for.

He must put on his deception until you tell him to do differently, else he could be considered a suspicious character by your enemy.

I almost had a similar situation....my Spy was an enemy Marshall set to attack me.
I commanded him to insite a rebellion right away, BEFORE we entered combat.

He didnt pull it off very well, and was caught (and killed).
But at least the blood wasnt on MY hands.
:O)

PET
16-08-2005, 01:01
Yes. He must act normal, but i find it absurde to don't have an option during the battle. Think that he could still sabotaje something, like having enemy morale down, or something like this.

Mircoslavux
16-08-2005, 09:16
Yes. He must act normal, but i find it absurde to don't have an option during the battle. Think that he could still sabotaje something, like having enemy morale down, or something like this.

when you saw, he is attacking you, you should call him back to your court. :scratch:
and then again send jim as spy.

I do not like, when my spy is hired as marshal, I prefer rather cleric or merchant, where I can claim some provinces.
:eek:

PET
16-08-2005, 12:04
i didn't had time to call him back or other things :) I totaly forghot, i didn't even knew it was him.

junobeach
16-08-2005, 19:41
It's especially dangerous when your spy is hired as a Marshal. I usually have him start a revolt as soon as he's hired (with mixed results) or call him back to the court. Otherwise you have to watch him carefully.

Da Bomb
17-08-2005, 01:36
But also when your king dies without an heir who usually takes over? The marshal .Even with 5 knights with 5-stars of experience my marshal is almost always the lucky man.

Snake
10-09-2005, 16:19
I think there is a way to save your spy (enemy marshal), in case you engage a battle with him. Leave the battle screen. And once you're back to the normal view, pause the game, order your spy (who is now in combat with you) to retreat back to your court.

I haven't tried this, but i think it should work...

Doux
10-09-2005, 16:41
..making your Marshal win the battle instantly? That's a good idea, Snake!