PDA

View Full Version : Can't give away province---bug?

happycats
16-08-2005, 04:58
I am playing as England in 1200, Normal difficulty. I have conquered Wales and Leon. It suits my purposes to give away a couple of provinces now. When it came to making a gift of Normandy to France, no problem. But for some reason, I can't give away Aquitane. It does not even show up on the list of provinces available in the diplomacy module where you would select a province to give away as "tribute". Any ideas?

TIA

Jim :bash:

Der Grosse
16-08-2005, 09:01
I am playing as England in 1200, Normal difficulty. I have conquered Wales and Leon. It suits my purposes to give away a couple of provinces now. When it came to making a gift of Normandy to France, no problem. But for some reason, I can't give away Aquitane. It does not even show up on the list of provinces available in the diplomacy module where you would select a province to give away as "tribute". Any ideas?

TIA

Jim :bash:

Dear Jim,
The reason for this is that the province of Aquitane is somewhat capital province of your country and you cannot give away this province!
For example: Byzantium cannot give away (you cannot demand from Byzantium) the province of Solun or Bulgaria cannot give away (you cannot demand from Bulgaria) the province of Moesia (Tarnovo)! Check and you will see!
These provinces are some kind of native or capital provinces of these kingdoms and they cannot be demanded or given away!

The province of Aquitane is the backbone of your kingdom!

I hope it is clear now!

Have fun! This game is really something! :go:

:cheers:
Der Grosse

Elvain
16-08-2005, 10:10
yes, it is weird, but Aquitaine is scripted as capital of England(because it has the lowest number of english provinces)
Every kingdom has such province, as Der Grosse described. Also 1province kingdoms can't give their only province away

Mircoslavux
16-08-2005, 11:37
yes, it is weird, but Aquitaine is scripted as capital of England(because it has the lowest number of english provinces)
Every kingdom has such province, as Der Grosse described. Also 1province kingdoms can't give their only province away

yes, what happened if you conquere that ONE PROVINCE, and then closed the peace with this enemy, does another one province become the capital province????

Angryminer
16-08-2005, 12:03
Yes. This province will also be the cultural capital. That means all knights will get their name according to the culture of this realm.

Angryminer

happycats
17-08-2005, 09:36
Thank you to all for clarifying this.