PDA

View Full Version : When is Camping necessary?

ThatguyPhil
17-08-2005, 18:34
Right now, i kinda camp every now and then, esp after a long march, but i dont feel that i really have to...just as a formality.

So:
A) Is there a specific reason or situation where you would have to camp your army before a battle? Any indicators that an army needs to be rested first?

B) Also...how long would you need to camp for?
Is simply makeing camp enough, or do you have to camp for...say...3 minutes or so...to be effective?

C) Annnd...does entering your town/castle have the same effect on your troops as making a camp?

Richard
17-08-2005, 19:10
A) it depends, your army might have low moral, camping will help, the line on the top of the marchal is yellow or red.
B) depends on how low is your men's moral
C)I think yes, should be anyways

Elvain
17-08-2005, 19:15
A - when your army starts to have low morale. So before you enter a battle it's god to make your men rest. This happens: 1) on long marches without any rest, 2) during night actions

B - untill the army morale is satisfactory high

C- yes, It's even better as they don't consume their food

Gallifrey
17-08-2005, 19:24
Camping with a marshall who has the abilitiy to forify a camp is a wonderful advantage. If you set up a fortified camp, you'll rain arrows down onto an approaching enemy army, thinning their ranks somewhat before entering the battle.

ThatguyPhil
17-08-2005, 19:39
Yeesss! I love using the fortified camp! :biggrin:
Plus it give you a huge attack/defence bonus. I usually throw my self in the path of oncoming attackers and set up a fort. Fun battles too.
:O)

So i guess i'm hearing that if the army morale is low, thats when to camp.
And camp long enough for the morale to get back up.

I guess i never notice their morale dropping much (if at all) during marching, but i will see if it does. Maybe i just havent gone far enough? :scratch:

Thanks all!
:O)

Elvain
17-08-2005, 20:23
the morale drops especially when the army marches at night...

Wolfgrin
18-08-2005, 00:21
Morale also drops as an army embarks onto a ship, and it's morale can often remain lower than usual right after landing from a long sea voyage. That's often a good time to camp.

Doux
02-09-2005, 21:25
No morale drop for Admirals of course.

Shane
02-09-2005, 21:28
Tactics let's you build a fortified camp, right? Is there any difference between levels 1,2,3?

Doux
02-09-2005, 21:44
Absolutely,
1 star +50% def/off bonus, ability to fortify
2 star +100%
3 star +200%

But in my experience that adds to eachother, giving me a bonus of 350% in most cases..

Arions
06-09-2005, 12:43
When I once attacked the camp, I sent my soldiers to the tents of the enemy. Enemy army was slowly leaving the tents so I killed them at the door-step one by one.

Empress Meg
06-09-2005, 19:52
I'm playing as an Orthodox faction right now and have found that camping comes in handy as you are stuck with lower moral from the get go. The many ablities that your commander can gain as he advances in levels slowly alleviate the need to camp.

Devoirs The Empress