PDA

View Full Version : "showspies" ??

mrwiggles
19-08-2005, 00:57
I am curious how exactly this works.

I recently tryied using it, it said it turned on properly, etc... but how does it exactly work?

I'm assuming the knight Bar is the bar atthe top with all your knights in them, but how is it supposed to list them as spies?

I even tried hiring several clerics and such to see if it would work, still no proof of how.

Illuminatus!
19-08-2005, 01:38
I'm not totally sure, either, but this is my understanding...

So you have your knights up in the Royal Court bar. You enter the code and hit enter. If you have any enemy spies infiltrated in your court, they'll now have a yellow border around them. The cheat doesn't exile them or show a prompt of, "Sire! We caught...". I exiled such a spy and hired "another" knight in his place - he had the same name (no matter how many times I exiled and hired another knight, they had the SAME name), yet no yellow bar, even after I deactivated/re-activated the cheat AFTER hiring this second knight, later on, this knight ended up being caught, tortured and finally executed. :cheers: . I realize he could've been bribed at some later point after I hired him, but one would think the yellow bar would show up as soon as he was bribed with the cheat active.

Da Bomb
19-08-2005, 03:10
It shows up when a knight in your court is a spy or has been bribed and is now a spy. The game still goes on as if it didn't know he was a spy, so just turning him yellow-bordered might not be any help unless all you want to do is exile him, which doesn't accomplish anything.

It basically tells you he is a spy but does nothing beyond that.