PDA

View Full Version : Spys and double agents.

Superisis
21-08-2005, 00:56
Oh I have some questions:

1. If I have a spy, that is sent to another kingdom (in my scenario I was Italy and sent my spy to palatinat), who is recruited as a spy sent to my kingdom and is caught and put in jail. What should i do (i set him free, but then he disappeared). The spy was in my court, behind bars with my cote of arms (Italy's) by his picture.

2. If I have a town governor who hands over a town to an enemy, and I have a marshal in that town, what happens to the marshal?

3. Which is the strongest infantry unit/what is the difference between spearmen and desert spearmen/where can I get numerical (and extra) info about units? I'm aware of http://www.tazgames.com/koh/KOH_units_img.htm but I doesn't answer my questions. Q1 involves strategies as well as stats and Q1 is not answered by the site (they look exactly the same).

4. Is there anyway of knowing which provinces are adopted into your empire and which aren't, without having to send a cleric to govern a province and then recall him. IT gets really annoying when you though you have adopted all your provinces (cept by the front)
and some lousy rebell come along in a province on the other side of the world.

Perhaps if you used a prince as a cleric and then used recall to throne room (atleast that's an instant action unlike recall from province)

5. How come I have my cleric as the pope, yet the papacy is lead by another guy? I mean, who's in charge here? If you infiltrate the papacy with to spies, one becomes a cleric and one a marshal. The pope dies and the cleric/spy cbecomes pope, the doge dies and the marshal/spy becomes doge. Now you are in complete control of the papacy. Has this ever happened to you? Bonus points if you played as a muslim civ.

6. Are camels that good? My camels were slaughtered by the enemies feudal knights and marshal (different battles, I attacked one squad with 2-3 camels). My marshalls where good, my morale was good, etc.

more to come I'm sure

Da Bomb
22-08-2005, 03:05
Oh I have some questions:

1. If I have a spy, that is sent to another kingdom (in my scenario I was Italy and sent my spy to palatinat), who is recruited as a spy sent to my kingdom and is caught and put in jail. What should i do (i set him free, but then he disappeared). The spy was in my court, behind bars with my cote of arms (Italy's) by his picture.

2. If I have a town governor who hands over a town to an enemy, and I have a marshal in that town, what happens to the marshal?

3. Which is the strongest infantry unit/what is the difference between spearmen and desert spearmen/where can I get numerical (and extra) info about units? I'm aware of http://www.tazgames.com/koh/KOH_units_img.htm but I doesn't answer my questions. Q1 involves strategies as well as stats and Q1 is not answered by the site (they look exactly the same).

4. Is there anyway of knowing which provinces are adopted into your empire and which aren't, without having to send a cleric to govern a province and then recall him. IT gets really annoying when you though you have adopted all your provinces (cept by the front)
and some lousy rebell come along in a province on the other side of the world.

Perhaps if you used a prince as a cleric and then used recall to throne room (atleast that's an instant action unlike recall from province)

5. How come I have my cleric as the pope, yet the papacy is lead by another guy? I mean, who's in charge here? If you infiltrate the papacy with to spies, one becomes a cleric and one a marshal. The pope dies and the cleric/spy cbecomes pope, the doge dies and the marshal/spy becomes doge. Now you are in complete control of the papacy. Has this ever happened to you? Bonus points if you played as a muslim civ.

6. Are camels that good? My camels were slaughtered by the enemies feudal knights and marshal (different battles, I attacked one squad with 2-3 camels). My marshalls where good, my morale was good, etc.

more to come I'm sure

1. I'm not sure this could happen, but I would guess to ask for ransom because they're basically paying you to release your own prisoner.

2. The marshal is pushed out of the town and sits there until you go away or take back the town.

3. There's not really a strongest infantry unit especially when you play mods.
Just try different ones like templars, teutonic knights, roman infantry and so on. You might want to look at that site but beyond that I don't know what you should do. Just try them out. The more they cost, the better they probably are, generally.

4. Yes, there is. Go to the town, click on the happiness level. It's the positive (red number) or negative or 0 (green number). Click on it and it will give you a detailed description of that provinces happiness. Under the wars category near the bottom (or something like war) click on the title (war or something) and if there is a listing called nostalgia, that is what you have to adopt for. Each point of nostalgia (from 10 to nothing) means you have to adopt, or let it slowly go down over time. If you are at war, it will have to be removed by a cleric. Otherwise, don't be at war and wait a long time.

5. Well the dude in charge of the papacy is nothing more than a king of that country. He has no religious things involved with him, except that he's king of Papacy. With both of those events happening, you are'nt in control of the Papacy. All you can do is try to declare war for them, hand over the crown (eliminating the catholic church altogether if it works) excommunicate someone (until you get excommunicated yourself) and call for a crusade with your marshal. The papacy still makes their own decisions and so does the pope, you can just do certain things.

6. They are probably stronger against other mounted units, but Feudal Cavalry are really good. It depends on how good your marshal and their marshal is, marshal/units experience, morale, your and his units, and much more.

Keep the questions coming!