PDA

View Full Version : Harbour/Admiralty/Coast Guard

Illuminatus!
22-08-2005, 17:55
It took me awhile to remember to post this...

The vanilla building tree is ...>harbour->admiralty->coast guard. From my knowledge of the words "admiralty" and "coast guard," this does not logically make sense, so I changed the upgrade tree to ...>harbour->coast guard->admiralty. Here is my rationale: Eventually, one has the facilities for larger ships (harbour). Next, one has the resources to build and support a local naval force for fending off pirates from the local merchant ships. Finally, after great expense, you have the necessary buildings, materials, and resources to build an admiralty for your navy.

1) Ignoring the lack of importance of naval combat in the Middle Ages (admiralty is there anyways, as is the "age of exploration" advantage) and 2) unless there is some specific medieval (or even Rennaissance) meaning of "admiralty" contrary to the one I'm assuming to be true, an admiralty is and/or was an administrative division of a navy commanded by an admiral. This requires hella more resources than that required for a piddling local force of small ships to defend against your local Blackbeard.

junobeach
22-08-2005, 18:14
Makes sense to me. Gonna add this to my KOH2 wishlist thread.