PDA

View Full Version : crusade - once more

tybalt
23-08-2005, 01:39
I have several questions concerning crusades etc:

-“The pope has called on a crusade against XY” or “XY has been excommunicated” What can I do with this information? Does this enable me to something?

-One of my marshals had been called on a crusade. I was called to take command when he assaulted a town. I conquered the town, whereupon the screen switched back to the normal overview. Three seconds later I was called back to assault a town – it was the same one! I dutifully captured it again with the crusaders. Three seconds later – again in front of the same town! I then called my knight back from the crusade because this was getting silly. What was going on there? :silly:

-Later in the game my cleric became pope, and my marshal was now able to call for a crusade. When I tried this, the following happened: The troops of the marshal became a mercenary camp, and the marshal alone turned into a crusader for a second. Then he switched back to his normal self and I was able to retake the former troops. Am I missing here something? Where is the crusade?? :confused:

junobeach
23-08-2005, 18:05
I've asked for help with this problem too. For some reason I can't crusade anymore. It's definitely a bug.

Da Bomb
23-08-2005, 23:57
When it says X has been excommunicated or X has a crusade against them, you can't do anything.
It's just big so countries wanna know which of their friends/enemies were excommunicated or had the wrath of the church on them.

Crusaders have had a hard life. You might have taken the town but clicked "continue pillaging" then it continues going back, or it's just a bug because often I will see that a country has been annihilated by crusaders yet it's still there. You can't really fix it.

You probably lost the crusaders because a) when you called for the crusade you were excommunicated. b) you signed peace with the nation you called the crusade on. or c) since the enemy was worthy of a crusade it means he was probably at war with many other nations (Catholics especially) While marching there, the enemy was eliminated, eliminating the need for a crusade.

I'd guess choice c for your circumstances, but you never know.

tybalt
24-08-2005, 18:20
Thanks for the answers!
1.) no effect? pity... I hoped that you can at least break your agreements with a excomunicated country without the kingdom-power hit.
2.+ 3.) Then it must be a bug, because none of the other explanations apply. It's probably a punishment for always clicking away that ugly black sea studio intro...

Elvain
24-08-2005, 18:30
1) it has effect: you gave break agreements as example: catholic kingdoms who are "religious" will like you for that(unless they are allies of that kingdom)
also when you declare war on them, many catholic kingdoms won't dislike you that much.
Generaly: you suffer the KP decrease, but not the relations.

the note of conquest is not a bug:
The city is conqueder by crusaders. But the crusader decide to pillage it(not take it)=the province still belongs to it's former owner

junobeach
24-08-2005, 19:13
My problem was definitely a bug. When my Cleric was Pope I could ask for a crusade over and over with no excommunication repercussions. My crusader army would show up for a second then disappear. I could ask again and the same thing would happen. The enemy was still there; I was still at war with them, etc...

tybalt
24-08-2005, 23:39
1)
...But the crusader decide to pillage it (not take it)=the province still belongs to it's former owner

This makes sense, because I got a message saying "The city has been pillaged by the crusaders". It is strange however how this pesky town watch squads respawn, while the crusaders don't recover and wipe themselves out by the repeated process. :lol:

The other point about the one-second crusades: I agree with Junobeatch: it is a bug.

Elvain
25-08-2005, 10:09
My problem was definitely a bug. When my Cleric was Pope I could ask for a crusade over and over with no excommunication repercussions. My crusader army would show up for a second then disappear. I could ask again and the same thing would happen. The enemy was still there; I was still at war with them, etc...
yes, this definitely must be a bug