PDA

View Full Version : Greetings All

Tactical_Rage
04-02-2004, 03:01
Well, I've been silently tracking this game since discovering it about a month ago and frequently check this site + keep up with the conversation here.

This game has a bunch of us strategy fans back in the United States very interested.

All the components seem to be there. The attention to detail from Black Sea Studios looks very impressive. From the advanced diplomacy, accurate building scale as compared to peasants/units, excellent choice in background music and the choice of micro/macro during the game... all looks promising.

I hope you guys pull this one off. It's the right time period, and you've definately got the right idea with the "Empire Conquering Simulation" niche. If you can manage to mesh somewhat tactical combat within the overall realm of empire management, in real time, my hat is definately off.

Looking forward to it.

Cork2
04-02-2004, 04:54
Welcome to the Forums. :cheers:

Henrik
04-02-2004, 06:42
Hi Tactical_Rage and welcome :)

I hope you guys pull this one off. It's the right time period, and you've definately got the right idea with the "Empire Conquering Simulation" niche. If you can manage to mesh somewhat tactical combat within the overall realm of empire management, in real time, my hat is definately off.

I think we all hope that they are able to pull it off - I also agree with you that all the aspect seem to be there in order for it to be a blockbuster so to speak - however, it still remains to be seen whether they really are able to deliver or not ( let's be honest guys ) - but i'm quite optimistic myself, coz they appear to have total control over it.

hulkster225
04-02-2004, 07:18
I agree, all the components for a great game are there, all they have to do is put it together right, and with enough polish. By polish I mean good music/voice actors/plenty of sounds effects etc.

Angryminer
04-02-2004, 11:50
A hearty welcome from me too...

I always told the devs to be honest about the game, so I hope they'll tell us everything they make a decision on.
I hope they read that...

Angryminer

Frank Fay
04-02-2004, 13:43
Sure we read :)

Tactical_Rage
06-02-2004, 04:54
Thanks all.

Just saw the movie Excalibur on Cinemax the other night. Not sure if you've seen it in Europe or not. A bit old and cheesy at times, but it sets the mood for medieval warfare.

I suggest a release by the end of the month. ;)

Legolas
06-02-2004, 06:35
Yes, I hope they pull this off too, so many games have tried and failed. Like Strongholds, in my opinion, it was decent, but it was half the game it should have been. But I'm not an easy person to please, I have high expectations when it comes to games. I want a game to entertain me, and then some. Like Age Of Empires II did. I hope this game turns out to be so good, that it will make Age Of Empires look like a children's video game.

I think many games are ruined because of game development time limits. In other words the game was created in a rush and thrown on store shelves to make the game deadline. Thus, the game is far from perfect. I hope they take their time with KOH and give gamers something worth their time and money.

I think they are on the right track too, but its hard to say just by looking at pictures and reading forums. Only time will tell, and unfortunatlely I have lots and lots of time.

hulkster225
06-02-2004, 06:44
Stronghold was a pretty good game in my opinion, it was really unique for its time. It kinda combined the sim and the rts which made it different. Personally I played the expansion for it for weeks and I didnt even play online.

ArmosaDrako
12-02-2004, 15:05
Greetings, stronghold is great, love it.

Haegemon
12-02-2004, 16:55
Originally posted by Tactical_Rage
Thanks all.

Just saw the movie Excalibur on Cinemax the other night. Not sure if you've seen it in Europe or not. A bit old and cheesy at times, but it sets the mood for medieval warfare.

I suggest a release by the end of the month. ;)

Look this threat http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=484&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

Frank Fay
12-02-2004, 20:46
Okay that get's off topic now... I will close and you can discuss Excalibur in this thread mentioned above.