PDA

View Full Version : newbie help

luker
27-08-2005, 10:20
can someone help can you only build town improvements until all the boxs are filled then no more ,and im playing as scotland and with the two towns you get why does one let you build all kind of military units were the other doesnt even though they have the same buildings in both can someone explain.

Elvain
27-08-2005, 10:37
yes, there are only 18 slots for buildings and no more.

it's question of strategy and makes it game harder as you need to consider which building to build in which towns...

Bout military units. I'm not sure if I understood your question 100%well, but you probably meant that you have built all buildings that some unit(let's say Feudal knights) require, but you are still unable to buy the unit.
It is simple. Units availability is not changing due to buildings. It is predefined and firm. So you can buy templars only in several French and german towns and while anywhere else not. So my advice:
1) build only those buildings that you need for units available in the current province, it will save you slots for other buildings.
2) specialize your towns - if the province has no province features, use it as military base, if it has prov.features, use it as economical heart of your kingdom.

ThatguyPhil
01-09-2005, 19:48
I tried starting off as Scotland...my advise: Expand Quickly!!
:O)

Yes, you are only limited to what is available, and plan accordinly.

Look at the reasources you have available (and in Scotland...there's not too much).
Build only the buildings that serve an immediate purpose for that teritory.

military: If your town does not have any specifically cool units available (a greyed-out box, or a colored box appears when you click on the garrison slots), then i usually just have a 'FLETCHER' built, and garrison the town with Archer-type units. That opens a LOT of slots for defense and/or economy buildings.

I learned this later in the game, so i've spent some time going back to my earlier towns and "redeveloping" them for better defence. (No need to build an AXE SMITH if there are not AXE units available there, right?)
:O)