PDA

View Full Version : What you like about KoH

Shane
02-09-2005, 17:54
I keep on hearing, "KOH needs better AI, Multiplayer coop", and many other super-critical accusations against the game. I started to get the feeling that people really don't like the game that much, and all people have been saying is rather negative.

Personally, I think the game is awesome, best game Sunflowers has (well, 1602; though old, is pretty good too) :go: , and I think it's one of the greatest games ever. I mean, even though the AI is rather dumb, think about the other games out there... diplomacy is almost non-existant in those games! Espionage is rather rare, also. The number of knights you can have is rather well-balenced, also. Think about it: If you had fewer, there simply wouldn't be enough, while if you had more, it'd be way too easy, like sending 50 marshalls into battle...
Now, think of all the complications of multiplayer on the giant map... us with older computers wouldn't be able to play!

Overall, KoH is an enjoyable game, I've played the great demo, looked at loads of info, and I believe that it is worth one's money.

So have fun playing Knights of Honor :cheers:

Tricon
02-09-2005, 19:02
I like the pace of the game. And the intriguing ways of annoying everybody in europe through espionage.
And I just love the music...

Gallifrey
02-09-2005, 20:39
The first thing that grabbed me when I played the demo was the great pacing of the game. I'm a turn-based gamer, and hate RTS games, but I liked the visuals and premise of KOH so I gave the demo a download. I was pleasantly surprised to find it had broken out of the RTS mold (eg it's not yet another Age Of Empires type game) and really felt more like a turn-based game.
I was impressed with the range of diplomacy, while not quite as expansive as Civ3, it was close, and I liked that. So with the full version I was even more impressed with the different options and capabilities given to the player to diplomatically run their empire.
After not being particularly thrilled with Medieval Total War, due to (what I found to be) an unintuitive interface and a very limited empire management/diplomacy aspect, I was so pleased to find that KoH did everything right, was easy to use, fun to play and made each game different.

Kris_stz
03-09-2005, 08:51
What I like about KoH????
Well for starters EVERYTHING!!!!
I've never seen anything like this game before!
The game is just perfect in all aspects.
But I don't like:
1.The AI.
2.Too easy.
3.Too expensive to buy.:))
4.The Royal Court.Its too small realy.

Arions
06-09-2005, 12:40
I like the great job of the producers. I have never seen such options of avatars to choose from, I have never seen history of Europe so ditailed in the game. It`s really impressing.

But I don`t like that there is no Multiplayer Campaign.

Flashman
11-09-2005, 12:05
Just bought the game and really enjoying it. I think the best way to put it is it has a level of detail/complexity that is just enough to really lose yourself in the game but not too much so that you're lost in a maze of beancounting and micromanagement.

The music is great also.

CalltoArms
17-09-2005, 04:59
I really enjoy the realism. It is very realistic in my opinion. It even has a pope that can send a crusade at you. there are princesses that have tactical purposes (not just save the princess). I had never seen that in a game before.

Shane
27-09-2005, 18:46
I finally got the game!!! Well, it works, slowly, but at first it was okay. Now, the music is having trouble. The problem is that our computer is so slow... still game is great, and I will play music or no music! Played as Teutonic Order (abandoned that after a long while), then highlands (abandoned it quickly), won a minor victory as Seljuks reunited Ottomans, played a long old while as Golden Horde, and now having trouble playing as the Kingdom of Sicily.

longbow14
01-10-2005, 01:25
Beatiful game ( and i've only played the demo). its different and special. I like how you can fight for Europe and so on