PDA

View Full Version : What if you dont have a prince?

Gatewaytotheheavens
10-09-2005, 06:00
Hey, im playing my first through campaign in the game and ive come to a point where i have two princesses and no princes. Before i run into the situation where my kingdom has no heir, can anyone tell me what happens when my king will die, hes at the "old" stzge right now.

Puddy

Elvain
10-09-2005, 10:13
when the king dies withuot a male heir, the best of knights will take the throne...

but there's a possibility that the kingdom will fall into "civil war" and all but your original provinces will declare independence(if being adopted) or join their former kingdom(if not adopted) but the probability of civil war is not very high, I would say it is 1/5 or less of all childless successions

Gallifrey
10-09-2005, 15:48
I've noticed that as long as your provinces are all quite happy, your empire will remain intact when a knight takes the throne. It's a rocky transition so the best thing to to when it's clear you don't have an heir is to make sure your provinces are all very content so as to weather the transition. And the quicker you can get the new king married, the better, since a royal wedding does wonders to placate your citizens.

Alex Poff
10-09-2005, 19:49
Yes, I had a nasty experience without an heir just a few nights ago. Prior to his death, I held about 15 provinces. After death, I lost all but 5! Dang, I had taken all precautions as well, had highest kingdom power, all provinces very happy (in the green), but still, that's the luck of the draw. :lol: