PDA

View Full Version : 3 New Screenshots!!!

Irish
05-02-2004, 18:34
Go to www.wargamer.com Its on the front page.

hulkster225
05-02-2004, 19:47
Cool, great find man

Cork2
05-02-2004, 23:10
thanks for the link

Tactical_Rage
06-02-2004, 04:46
Nice screenshots.

I have a question with the one entitled "A marching army is vulnerable to ambushes". It's basically a closeup view of an army moving in formation down a path approaching an agricultural center.

If you're in the world view and you've sent a knight (with his army) to a specified location, at what point can you move to the close view shown in this example? Is your army basically represented as an icon that slowly moves over time across the continent until the destination is reached or you encounter a random engagement with foreign troops?

In addition, how do you go about composing your army?

My apologies if all this has been explained.

Henrik
06-02-2004, 06:01
Good question Tactical_Rage ;) - i can't recall hearing anything about that - so i'd also like to know.

Frank Fay
06-02-2004, 10:05
at what point can you move to the close view shown in this example?

At the moment you decided to lead the battle when two armies met in WV. You click on "I will lead" and the game view switches seamlessly into the Close View as seen on the screenshot.

Is your army basically represented as an icon that slowly moves over time across the continent until the destination is reached or you encounter a random engagement with foreign troops?

The army is represented iconic but for each type of squad you see in WV a corresponding unit = number of units = number of squad. The army is one object. A battle starts either when army reaches destination or meet an army during marching. However, you get asked if you want to let the knight lead the battle (game does remain in WV), if you want to lead on your own (games switches in CV) or if you want to retreat (game reamins in WV too).

BLOODUK
06-02-2004, 18:39
ill just leave it as cooooooooooool:angel:

Tactical_Rage
06-02-2004, 21:01
Sounds good. Thanks for the reply.

Have any of you played Rise of Nations? One of the best RTS's ever released imo. They do an excellent job handling national borders, attrition and trade. You have to strategically plan out which land you acquire because of the resources it offers.

If you plan poorly, or lose vital territory, you'll be lacking in metal, oil (from the industrial age on), etc...

Of course the resources will be fitted to the Medieval era, but it looks as if strategic land placement will be a factor in Knights of Honor.

hulkster225
06-02-2004, 22:17
RoN is a good game, but I liked AoK better. I think RoN should have made units more diverse. For example when you would have a unique unit for you civilization, it would only have like 1 more attack than a normal one, and most of the units didnt have any special abilities or anything.

Henrik
07-02-2004, 01:42
Originally posted by Frank Fay
At the moment you decided to lead the battle when two armies met in WV. You click on "I will lead" and the game view switches seamlessly into the Close View as seen on the screenshot.

The army is represented iconic but for each type of squad you see in WV a corresponding unit = number of units = number of squad. The army is one object. A battle starts either when army reaches destination or meet an army during marching. However, you get asked if you want to let the knight lead the battle (game does remain in WV), if you want to lead on your own (games switches in CV) or if you want to retreat (game reamins in WV too).

Thanks for the reply Frank :) - now we know a little more :)

However, there are still lots of questions :confused:, but few answers :rolleyes: ( but i do understand the reason why we'll have to patient - though it's kinda hard sometime ;) )