PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question

Pages : [1] 2

GeneralStore
23-09-2005, 10:44
Hi everybody. First post here so please excuse the noob question. I am having serious problems with rebellions everywhere. I mean we are talking 3 or 4 rebellions every 5 minutes, means I have to keep my armies running around killing these rebel peasants. :angry: Can anyone please help? :bash: Is this meant to happen? If not, what can I do to decrease the number of rebellions? I have built hostels and it makes a marginal difference.

Many thanks

Angryminer
23-09-2005, 10:57
Welcome to the forum, GeneralStore! :halloha:
Are we talking about rebels or loyalists?
Go to the happyness-screen of the provinces and click on the different categories to see what is the cause of the unhappyness.

Angryminer

GeneralStore
23-09-2005, 11:32
Hi Angryminer. I went to the happiness screens and it seems to be kingdom, wars and religion (religion is only in some of the muslim and catholic provinces I took over) that are the problem.

What can I do to make the population happier?

Angryminer
23-09-2005, 11:59
Open your happyness screen again and click on the line "Wars" to expand it. Then you will be shown the exact reasons.
This can either be war-exhaustion or nostalgy.
War-exhaustion can be removed by signing peace with all (read: really all, even if they are 500 miles away) factions you are at war with. Use the political view to make this easier.
Nostalgy occurs in all provinces you have conquered and will slowly go away as long as your nation is at peace (read: at peace with everyone). As long as you are at war it will stay up and cause loyalists to pop up. You can also get rid of nostalgy in a province by installing a cleric as a governor and tell him to "Adopt the population". This will cost you up to 1000 books, but immediately remove all nostalgia.

I hope this helps. :go:

Angryminer

GeneralStore
23-09-2005, 12:09
Thats great, thanks. I will give it a try. What about the kingdom and religion unhappiness?

Mircoslavux
23-09-2005, 14:03
Thats great, thanks. I will give it a try. What about the kingdom and religion unhappiness?

you should convert the conquered provinces to your religion, use cleric for it (you need money and faith).
It is good training for your cleric, if he will successfuly convert the province - receive *. But your cleric could be killed by converting sometimes....

and pay attention to spy , if you hire spy as cleric...

nice day :eek:

Gallifrey
23-09-2005, 14:43
Be sure to Adopt your populations before attempting to Convert them. Conversion is something I hate doing, it's such a pain in the arse. Even with a 5-star Cleric it doesn't always work..

GeneralStore
23-09-2005, 14:47
Thanks for all the information, looks like I need to get more religious

Mircoslavux
23-09-2005, 15:04
Be sure to Adopt your populations before attempting to Convert them. Conversion is something I hate doing, it's such a pain in the arse. Even with a 5-star Cleric it doesn't always work..

last time, about 7 my clerics (in one quie) were killed by the conversion of one islamic province to orthodox.. :angry:

Frieden
23-09-2005, 16:04
Did you adopt them before conversion started ?

Mircoslavux
23-09-2005, 18:57
Did you adopt them before conversion started ?

yes yes, but maybe it was because the hardest difficulty of game??? :scratch:

Gallifrey
24-09-2005, 05:16
last time, about 7 my clerics (in one quie) were killed by the conversion of one islamic province to orthodox.. :angry:

Yeah, I had one game where I, no matter what, could never, ever get an Orthodox province to convert to the Muslim faith. I thought maybe I was just getting unlucky, so I decided to just do a conversion attempt/reload-if-fail cycle to see how many tries it would actually take. I think I lost count around the 20th reload. And this was with an Adopted, largely content (except for religious difference) province and a 5-star Cleric.
That province stayed Orthodox right up until the end of my game, and really caused no troubles at all, no rebellions or anything like that. Happy Orthodox living in a Muslim empire I guess.

Angryminer
24-09-2005, 18:45
Yeah, I had one game where I, no matter what, could never, ever get an Orthodox province to convert to the Muslim faith. I thought maybe I was just getting unlucky, so I decided to just do a conversion attempt/reload-if-fail cycle to see how many tries it would actually take. I think I lost count around the 20th reload. And this was with an Adopted, largely content (except for religious difference) province and a 5-star Cleric.
That province stayed Orthodox right up until the end of my game, and really caused no troubles at all, no rebellions or anything like that. Happy Orthodox living in a Muslim empire I guess.The random-based decisions in the game are calculated with the game-time as a basis. That means when you save after 7:00:00 hours game-time, try to convert the province, fail, and reload, the gametime is again 7:00:00 (not 7:01:35 like you might think, because the game was reloaded snd thus was the gametime) and so the same result happens.

Vain

dsoden
27-09-2005, 23:41
I think having a church in the town helps with conversion. I was loosing lots of clerics until I started making sure I had a church happy people. I haven't lost a single cleric since doing that....yet :)

Gallifrey
28-09-2005, 17:37
Interesting bit of info there, Angryminer. Clever too.. Thanks for pointing it out.

Ammurit
04-10-2005, 05:37

Exactly, and then you've lost your five star cleric, and have to start training a new one. That pisses me off too! I wish there were some way to persuade the population to convert, perhaps by having a larger military presence in the province. Oddly enough, I seem to have a bit more luck converting when I've built a church in the province. I think it's just my imagination though.

Angryminer
04-10-2005, 10:48
Check the religion-skill of your king. When your king has a bad religion skill the cleric is very likely to be killed in a conversion.
This goes at least for unmodified KoH.

Angryminer

Ammurit
14-10-2005, 05:38
Check the religion-skill of your king. When your king has a bad religion skill the cleric is very likely to be killed in a conversion.
This goes at least for unmodified KoH.

Angryminer

That's a good tip. Thanks!

Shane
14-10-2005, 20:01
And you and Elvain have made it more dependant on cleric's stars, rather than king's trait, right, Angryminer?

Angryminer
14-10-2005, 20:12
At least I did. I can't recall at the moment wether Elvain put that into HolyRome, too.

Angryminer