PDA

View Full Version : The Process of Making Babies - Improvement

wizbode
26-09-2005, 12:39
Well, I don't know if anyone noticed that before and posted it here. I didn't find it in the search.

What I've found is some kind of partial solution for those damn kings who doesn't wanna make princes.

It's quite simple, but it will only work if the queen have given birth to a princess. What you have to do is to load a saved game BEFORE the queen have given birth to the princess. If you use Auto-Save, or save frequently, that shall be easy to accomplish.

Now, note that in the child will always born in the same moment. To speed up the process, save the exact moment before the child is born (a turn before).

The secret is that the sex of the baby is not fixed as the moment of the birth. So, if you load, and load, and load, it'll eventually be a prince!

That way, you will double the chances of having a male heir!

Also, another important thing is that I think the moment of the birth is fixed even for different kings. For example, look at this timeline:

<0..1..2..3..4..5..6>

Each member of the timeline is a "turn".

Now, for example, there is a baby that will born in turn 4. But the king is already venerable, and dies at turn 0. If you marry your new king fast enough before turn 4, then he will have the child! I haven't tested this much though.

But the imporant thing is that as you can observe the birth of children is a fixed thing, at least for the current game, maybe generated by the time you first load europe. Now, I don't know if any modders have already made a solution for impotent kings, but if not, this could be a good clue!

Doux
02-10-2005, 11:54
Of course, this is a way of making sure your heritage is safe, but then, it's a bit of a cheating way.
I don't use that (on purpose). Never had problems with having no heir - mostly my Cleric takes over, which is just fine.
Impotent Kings exist too, that's just realistic..