PDA

View Full Version : Get some money

Martin of H
27-09-2005, 11:09
I have a few problems like angry citizens and loyalist - but that I can handl.
but how do I get some money? I stand on (-71) or something like that all the time.. how do a break that pattern?
To invade some other country is not an option 'cuz my people will go nuts over it ;)

Thanks for help...

/ Martin H

Doux
27-09-2005, 12:34
Ah, the early economy tactics.

Well, you could employ your King and Prince(s) if any as Merchants and let them trade for gold with good countries.
Get rid of being vassal if you are.
Collect a wartax if you can handle the consequences and build markets and such with that.

Martin of H
27-09-2005, 13:12
Thank you...
I'm not really at the beginning of the game, but I'll try it... at the time i've only got ONE merchant out trading for gold. Maybe it's time to get me some more.. wartax its not to think of, my people will go crazy over that ;)

..a second question, I want a lot of armies = many marshals. Could I only have so many marchals i can have in the royal court (right name?) window? thats a few...
And a third ;) .. can i pause the game without opening the menue?

Thank you! I got the game yesterday evning, but I really love it allready :rofl:

Gallifrey
27-09-2005, 13:46
Setting your King and/or Princes to Merchants at the beginning of the game is a good way to generate income without having to permantently dedicate a noble to the job (you can recall the King and Princes to the Court and in so doing they lose their "job", so you can re-assign them).
If you can get a country to be your Vassal that helps too.

As for your second question.. You don't really need many armies, two or three is often enough. KoH isn't designed as a game of mass conquest, at least, not to the degree that you have armies rampaging all over Europe. What you have to be careful of is to keep your provinces happy so as to reduce rebellion risk; rebels just pull your armies from their more important tasks. That said, it's usually a good idea to have one army designed towards rebellion squashing. So one comprised of Cavalry with the Marshal's skills being (I forget the proper names) the ones that give you speed bonuses and a bonus against rebels.

Third, you can use the key marked "Pause" on your keyboard (upper right area) to pause the game at any time.

Martin of H
27-09-2005, 18:55
Thank you guys for the help..
I did start over from the beginning again and followed your advices, and since then everything has worked out just fine! I just defeted and took over my arch enemy Denmark :D (i'm swedish ;))

Doux
02-10-2005, 11:51
Great to hear you like the game too!

Another great income boost is getting the kingdom advantage 'Age of Discoveries', especially if you've got many coastal provinces (which I recommend).
Admiralties add a lot to the income too, but they're also expensive.

ThatguyPhil
24-10-2005, 20:09
I noticed that Merchants do not require a wage, so if you can afford to hire one (1000gp), i would suggest starting off with a bunch of Merchants. Making the King and Princes merchants too helps.

If you are just starting out, you can fire the marshall they give you (save 10gp/round that way).
Having three or more merchants trading gold will help you get some quick money right away.
Once your starter towns become more stable, you can start adding some Marshalls and expand.

Good luck.
:O)

Lynxer
24-10-2005, 20:43
I noticed that Merchants do not require a wage, so if you can afford to hire one (1000gp), i would suggest starting off with a bunch of Merchants. Making the King and Princes merchants too helps.

If you are just starting out, you can fire the marshall they give you (save 10gp/round that way).
Having three or more merchants trading gold will help you get some quick money right away.
Once your starter towns become more stable, you can start adding some Marshalls and expand.

Good luck.
:O)

My strategy in the early phase of a new game emphasizes on economical growth through trade. As suggested earlier, It's highly recommendable to appoint your king and the princes as merchants and have them trade with wealthy empires.
Install up to 6 merchants in your royal court to establish a high and regular net income. Then, after hiring a marshall and raising your first army, expand your empire by conquering several enemy provinces. As your empire grows your trade-income will gradually lose significance since it's being compensated and eventually exceeded by increasing tax-money. You will no longer be reliant on trade. Consequently you can replace merchants with marshalls in the course of your conquest, to extend the influence of your army.
Currently, I have 7 marshalls, 1 (obsolete) merchant and 1 cleric.

ThatguyPhil
26-10-2005, 21:05
Good point Lynxer. Merchants become less and less necessairy donw the road.

Also, as your kingdom grows in power, you will be able to get more for your trades.
You can also educate the few merchants you have, allowing them to trade better and bring more money in (making the need for multiple merchants unnecessairy).

There is also the Kingdom Advantage the double the amout of trade income.

I think i kept 1 merchant on hand, but he was bringing in a good amout of gold on his own.

Horrific Lord
03-11-2005, 19:34
Well, in the beginning I wasn't have any merchants. I have start game slowly, first make a white peace and trade agrement with neighbours counties, then I built a market and than i start to takeing some little kingdoms!

LordEmperor
09-11-2005, 03:42
1st of all, hire three merchant. Then educate them till 5 star. Then try to get the Kingdom Advantages , silk road( i think so ) , ur merchant income increase doubled. I made it my trade goods route till 752 gold,Of course is the 1st rank of Trade Goods Route in Kingdom Ranking. Is the time now to import all ur favourite exotic goods. I have calcalate all income and outcome, Ur merchant try to get 700++ gold, then those 7 exotic goods cause 630gold/turn.I win the campaign by complete the Kingdom Advantages. Hope this This tips can help u.=)