PDA

View Full Version : Characteristic Places

Haegemon
10-02-2004, 04:17
Will be in KoH places that persist through centuries like Stonehedge?

Frank Fay
10-02-2004, 08:18
No, only the geography...

Frujin
10-02-2004, 11:30
If you ask about making stuff like that - NO.

But there are some "beauties" on the map of course!

Haegemon
10-02-2004, 21:26
Is just that, not to make them. Only if this special places are present in the map.

Thanks for all this dev attention. :D

Berserkr138
10-02-2004, 22:37
why not add some historical landmarks,such as stonehenge or the colosseum?

hulkster225
11-02-2004, 04:23
I think it would be really tough to choose which to include. And they really wouldn't have an effect on the game, so it seems kinda pointless to add them. Especially since you would only see them on a zoomed out map.

Henrik
11-02-2004, 08:57
yeahh, i would also prefer that BSS's graphic artists spends their time making some nice pics instead :) for us to look at - but it wouldn't hurt to have the landmarks i'll guess.

Frank Fay
12-02-2004, 20:41
The game has already a damn lot of artwork... And landmarks do not play a role, so it would be eye candy only. However, there will be really nice and unique enough areas on the map....

King Yngvar
15-02-2004, 20:39
Hagia Sophia then? And the doubble walls of Constantinople...

Berserkr138
23-02-2004, 04:58
such landmarks *could* play a role, I mean, take for instance stonehenge. Controlling the realm that it is in could influence your kingdom's "pious"-ness, or whatever the religious stuff is,lol. Or controlling the realm that has the colosseum could increase the amount of gold you have, since i'm sure the people had to pay to view gladiator fights. Since apparently there isn't a year counter it could just be a random thing. Every once in a while you'd get a payment of gold.

Frank Fay
23-02-2004, 08:00
We have something similar to these bonusses, called Kingdom Advantages. We will explain more about it in the future but for now, leave it as a specific realm properties where you can get a Kingdom bonus.

Elewyn
23-02-2004, 09:34
..for instance stonehenge. Controlling the realm that it is in could influence your kingdom's "pious"-ness, or whatever the religious stuff is,lol. Or controlling the realm that has the colosseum could increase the amount of gold you have, since i'm sure the people had to pay to view gladiator fights. Idea is good, but you should use better examples. I don't think Colisseum was used for gladiator fights after the fall of Roman empire, the same with Stonehenge. I don't know how medieval english christians like this pagan monument, they must have been fascinated by it, but I'm not sure if it can increase piousness in cristian country (during all midage england was christian, except short period before conversion of Anglo-Saxons.

Some famou cathedral, Like Reims, Notre Damme de Paris, famous dome of Cologne and St.Virus cathedral in Prague are imo better exmpls. Then in León Santiago de Compostela can be good sight, increasing piety and gold also. Maybe some more examples. But I like Frank's concept too...

Darksky
25-02-2004, 14:03
In a Tuscany screenshot i saw "Marmore Falls", just east of Florence, at middle of centre Italy.