PDA

View Full Version : I destroyed the Papacy = i got many, many enemies :(

King Juhafin
26-10-2005, 19:24
yeah.. i'm playing as Scotland, easy, early middle-age, i've conquered about 13 provinces.. (heh, i've got many territories in mediterranean (italy) though i started in scotland..) :cheers:

well, i wanted to get rid of papacy.. i didn't know what i was doing. now i've got too many enemies, u know. what should i do now?

Lynxer
26-10-2005, 19:57
die! heathen.

You could try reconquering Rome after having offered is as a tribute to another realm and succesively offering the key to the papacy. But I fear that the elimination of the papacy is an irreversible event. On a sidenote.....i don;t quite understand how catholicism manages to maintain itself after the fall of the papacy. The catholic church without a pope is like a TV with no electricity to operate it.

ThatguyPhil
26-10-2005, 20:55
Juhafin,
I'd say just buckle down and ride it out. You can either try and make peace over time, or use the opportunity to conquer more lands (i mean, you WERE gonna stomp these guys anyway, right? hehe).

Make sure your cities are well defended (high/strong walls, catapults, those spear-shooting things, and lots of ranged weapons).

Good luck!
:O)

(and Scotland is not an easy country to lead with, dont be ashamed of your victories) :O)

King Juhafin
26-10-2005, 22:09
ok thanks. things are going much better now.

Chopek
27-10-2005, 20:47
die! heathen.

You could try reconquering Rome after having offered is as a tribute to another realm and succesively offering the key to the papacy. But I fear that the elimination of the papacy is an irreversible event. On a sidenote.....i don;t quite understand how catholicism manages to maintain itself after the fall of the papacy. The catholic church without a pope is like a TV with no electricity to operate it.

The pope is simply in the royal courts of other lands. The Papacy was defeated and is gone, but the pope is now elected from other knights. I have had the pope in my court many times. Usually when my cleric is a level 5.

Chopek

The Beastmaster
28-10-2005, 19:29
Sounds like a fun game

ThatguyPhil
04-11-2005, 19:06
To be honest...i was getting VERY annoyed with the Pope. Every time i got a good cleric, and invested 5 levels into him, the Pope would die and they'd name my cleric the new Pope.

To me, having my own Pope is useless. I know some people like calling crusades and excommunicating nations, but i like to fight my own battles, and those stratiges just dont work for me.

So, in essance, i just end up losing a good cleric.

I have no qualms about destroying the papacy. All catholic nations turn on me, but they usually clam down after a while. I'll chose which lands i want to take, and try to make peace with the rest. :O)

I found doing nice things will calm a nation down, even if you are at war.
Offering White peace is a good way to end conflict.
Freeing prisoners is a great way to boost realtions with an enemy.

fyi mostly. :O)

weaz
04-11-2005, 19:31
I get annoyed by the pope, always chosing my best marshall toi lead a crusade :( frustrating

LordEmperor
14-11-2005, 02:41
Well..U also can decline to send ur best marshal become a crusader.Then u can boost ur relation between the country, while ur relationship between religion falls. One way can inmproves is by donating money to the catholic. Thhis plan really work :p

LordEmperor
14-11-2005, 02:42
Well..U also can decline to send ur best marshal become a crusader.Then u can boost ur relation between the country, while ur relationship between religion falls. One way can inmproves is by donating money to the catholic. This plan really work :wink: