PDA

View Full Version : question

dsj
04-11-2005, 02:13
How do you make more money? The manual didn't provide enough information.

Mortimer
04-11-2005, 03:53
there are several ways, if you are playing the vanella version just trade with big powers that like you, or you can higher some merchants and instead of trading send them to govern your cities. also look for buildings that raise gold like fish mongeries and admalities, tax collectors do well but make the people up happy. also attacking a neighbor or 2 can help as well :)

dsj
04-11-2005, 04:19
When I use merchants I get like 2 more gold and the tax collector gets like 1 gold only. That's not enough. Looking at the screenshots people had an income of close to 100 gold. How did they do it?

dsj
04-11-2005, 04:51
and does placing units close together really help meele combat? I find that I tend to lose even worse when they are close together.

Mortimer
04-11-2005, 05:51
well the tax collector gives 1 gold per village in the provence so if you have 3 villiages it gives 3 gold, to get only 2 gold from trading you either have a mod, are trading with poor relations, or trading with a very small country, try something like germany, or byzantia you should be able to start the game with 20 gold trading, also getting trade goods raise it as well as relations. as far as getting 100+ you will need to have several territories with some good income raising buildings and some good merchants, also the more martials you have they more the upkeep, I try to use kings and princes myself, especally early on, just be careful with them.

you can also click on your gold and get a detailed list of where your gold is going to give a good idea where to add or cut back.

as far as the units close together should help against other melee units though they can get flanked and may lose more there, also against archers it is best they are spead apart. and if you have archers shooting and are close together you will kill your troops faster than thieirs.

LordEmperor
09-11-2005, 03:39
If follow my ways to get money, I suggest send trade agreement to three largest city first.Then hire three merchant and make trade route with them(three largest city). Now supposed have 50-70gold/turn.
If u can, try to complete the Silk Road(i think so) from the Kingdom Advantages.Then ur merchant income become double... I had made my merchant income to 752 gold/turn. This is my way to earn money. In another way,u can build admiralty to earn some extra money.

Doux
21-11-2005, 22:09
By the way - increasing your Kingdom power can sometimes be more effective than building a market (for then). When sending a Merchant, search for the highest possible trade of course. Big countries with big money are best. Peace -> NAP -> Alliance increases Merchant income as well as better relationships.

King Karl
20-12-2005, 14:40
Trade! You need alot of merchants

Sir Sean
21-12-2005, 21:37
kings and princes lead armys just dont go attacking place which out class you such as rome or constantinople (is that in french or english or both?) maybe one or two other knights

use the space left in the court to put traiders