PDA

View Full Version : Spy

Pages : [1] 2

King Karl
20-12-2005, 17:11
I was reading about spies in KoH game info and did see that if your spy is a marshal who is leading a rebel army can invade provinces :wtf: How can my spy be a marshal leading a rebel army???

Traveller
21-12-2005, 08:28
You send him to a foreign kingdom, there he is hired as a marshall, you order him to instigate a revolt, he succeeds and voila - all the enemy's armies revolt! But I'm not so sure if the spy could then lead the rebels himself...

Mircoslavux
21-12-2005, 09:42
wow massive spy attack on me last game, :angry:
two kings assasinated, one dauther of king assasinated and then total army rebelion....
unbelievable
:eek:

Elvain
21-12-2005, 09:54
i think your spy can become a rebel leader when some other spy insignates a revolt and is successfull

Mircoslavux
21-12-2005, 10:08
i think your spy can become a rebel leader when some other spy insignates a revolt and is successfull

It is pity, that I can not call back my knights, all of them are now famous rebels (10)....
I have hired now two spies, to control each other

Elvain
21-12-2005, 10:13
I usualy use my king as counterspy...

Mircoslavux
21-12-2005, 10:27
I usualy use my king as counterspy...

thats a good idea, maybe next king, because this one was a very good knight and I will use him.

Secondly, I have already two spies as I hired another knight (this has to be sure spy) and this knight caused total army revolt.
So how it is possible, that my spies did not detect him???

Angryminer
21-12-2005, 12:29
How many stars do your spies have? More stars equals better chance to detect enemy spies.

My strategy is to, at one point in the game where I feel my might and dynasty endangered by spies, use my next king as a spy, train him to 5 stars, hire a second spy, train him also up and send him somewhere until my king dies. After that time my spy-king would propably have detected if the hired knight was an enemy-spy and I can safely use him. All 5 generations or so I repeat the procedure to make sure the spy wasn't bribed by some enemy in the mean time.
But usually my kings are too busy leading the royal army. Nothing beats charging your king into battle and gaining victory due to the +5 morale bonus. :knight: Oh, I'm getting carried away...

Angryminer

Mircoslavux
21-12-2005, 12:45
How many stars do your spies have? More stars equals better chance to detect enemy spies.

My strategy is to, at one point in the game where I feel my might and dynasty endangered by spies, use my next king as a spy, train him to 5 stars, hire a second spy, train him also up and send him somewhere until my king dies. After that time my spy-king would propably have detected if the hired knight was an enemy-spy and I can safely use him. All 5 generations or so I repeat the procedure to make sure the spy wasn't bribed by some enemy in the mean time.
But usually my kings are too busy leading the royal army. Nothing beats charging your king into battle and gaining victory due to the +5 morale bonus. :knight: Oh, I'm getting carried away...

Angryminer

my both spies were *****, and did not detect enemy,
question: to detect enemy : do you need spy to be "at home" (I mean, if he is send off to other state)...?

King Karl
21-12-2005, 12:48
my both spies were *****, and did not detect enemy,
question: to detect enemy : do you need spy to be "at home" (I mean, if he is send off to other state)...?

Your spy has to be at your royal court doing nothing (not inflitrating other countries)

Timotheus
22-12-2005, 03:34

Angryminer

I don't like doing that. You lose your army, their skill, and the marshal's skill when he dies. I usually make my royal family into merchants.

Sir Sean
22-12-2005, 09:30
no the army becomes free mercenarys (to you)
i normally call the king :king: back before he dies then send a new knight to the camp and there u go but they do lose their skill :knight: does do some thing to the fighting skill :swordfigh

Timotheus
23-12-2005, 04:48
I once happened to have a king die without an heir, and my oldest marshal was elected. So he was a very good marshal-king. Of course, if I had a really bad king and a really good heir, I might send the king into battle without troops and have him do a suicide charge. Kind of cheating, though.

Doux
28-12-2005, 12:46
You can drop the experienced units in a town before your King dies of course.

I only use Kings and Princes in the early game, when i don't have the money to defend my country on more borders. And a combined King/Prince can kill a rebel army, even without any other troops. But that's kind of cheating too - walking around the peasants, charging the other Marshal in tight formation..

JWLchristian
09-01-2006, 02:10
Concerning spyes, one time, I sent my spy into the country of genoa when i wasn't at war with them and i remember that my spy wasn't getting hired even after being in another country for 20 minutes: why is that?

Elvain
09-01-2006, 10:35
those countries don't hire new knights or your spy isn't skilled enough to infiltrate

Ciaran
09-01-2006, 16:51
One strange thing, in the beginning of the game, a zero-star spy could (repeatedly, mind you) infiltrate other kingdoms, incite rebellions or do other actions and never got caught. My five-star spies, however, almost always end up imprisoned when pulling off something. Weird. Plus the fact, of course, that high-star prisoners cost tremendous amounts of ransom, usually close to the 100.000 gold. I canīt just abandon the guy, because it drop my Kingdom Power and just letting him stay there takes up valuable space at my court.

Qilue
13-01-2006, 04:19
The game I just played, I had a spy recruited as a spy and shortly after I got a message that he had died in battle.

Doux
13-01-2006, 15:33
Strange - that would imply that your Spy(1) hired as a Spy(2) was sent spying and became a Marshal(3) that died in a battle?

By the way - resending a Spy to a Kingdom where he has spy'd already gives extra risks.

Ciaran
13-01-2006, 23:17
Now, thereīs definitely something wrong with the spies and the stars. Iīve tried a five star and a three star spy, the first had a fifty-something chance to suceed, but only a 5% to come back. Now, the latter had only 40% sucess chance, but 20% to return. Plus, if captured a three-star is affordable to ransom.