PDA

View Full Version : Peace

Jarlabanke
14-02-2004, 18:33
When making peace treaties, will this game be more like the EU series or the TW series?

Angryminer
14-02-2004, 18:54
I've played neither of them, would you please explain?

Angryminer

Frujin
14-02-2004, 19:07
Somewhere in between ..

Ayyubid Sultan
14-02-2004, 22:39
Europa Universals

Making peace..offer gold or states to satisfy the enemy, unless your wining and they will offer peace with gold or gold+states.

Also it involves Stability of your Empire when making peace/war.

hulkster225
15-02-2004, 02:09
There should definitely be an option to give your allies/enemies territories.

King Yngvar
15-02-2004, 05:40
Selling lands without war should also be possible...

Henrik
15-02-2004, 10:41
hulkster225: There should definitely be an option to give your allies/enemies territories.
I also like the peace/land in exchange for peace idea :)

King Yngvar : Selling lands without war should also be possible...
What purpose should this serve ? - please explain :confused:

Angryminer
15-02-2004, 12:38
Let me construct a situation... (Please be aware that this is really just an example!)
England is in war with France, but it is really short on money. It's allies Sweden and HRE don't want to help England anymore because they already send troops or have their own problems.
England's ally Ireland isn't able to help very much because of it's small size. So England offers Ireland the realm of York in change of a rather big amount of money. After a short while Ireland afforts the money and England is ready to recruit more soldiers for the war with France.

Another situation might be:
"I'll give you the realm of Austria in exchange for a peace-agreement and some money."

Angryminer

Jarlabanke
15-02-2004, 13:58
That's pretty much how it works in Eu, both parts have to agree on a peacetreaty involving exchange of territories,gold, vassalisation and so on, in M:TW you won a province the second you troops have driven out the enemy troops, peace is just that, no real treaties.

Henrik
15-02-2004, 14:35
Originally posted by Angryminer
Let me construct a situation... (Please be aware that this is really just an example!)
England is in war with France, but it is really short on money. It's allies Sweden and HRE don't want to help England anymore because they already send troops or have their own problems.
England's ally Ireland isn't able to help very much because of it's small size. So England offers Ireland the realm of York in change of a rather big amount of money. After a short while Ireland afforts the money and England is ready to recruit more soldiers for the war with France.

You mean: sell a piece of your land to finance a war ! - that's a great one :)

Another situation might be:
"I'll give you the realm of Austria in exchange for a peace-agreement and some money."

Angryminer

This is also a good one ;)

Thanks for clearifying the matter :)

Angryminer
15-02-2004, 14:45
Found the thread...
*click (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=313&perpage=50&pagenumber=2)*
But that still doesn't make it crystal-clear...
FRANK FAY!!!!! ;)

Angryminer