PDA

View Full Version : War

Sir Sean
22-12-2005, 22:05
I have a long empire very thin so i can defend my inland states with out leaving a nere by town to restock BUT being the teronic order does mean i have those knights and well its really slow from town to town.
So does anyone have stratage ideas because its the first time im on hard

Gallifrey
23-12-2005, 04:27
The geography and general layout of your kingdom will play a large part in your decisions of whom to war with and whom to maintain good relations. Generally it's a good idea to keep your wars on one front, and be sure you have the other areas of your kingdom secure via strong relations with those on your borders.
If you want speedier armies, look to cavalry and giving your generals the skills that increase army movement. It's usually a good idea to have at least one army of cavalry and a "fast" marashal that can race about your kingdom dealing with any rebellions, attacks at unexpected locations or for the quick bolstering of an army in need of support.

Basically, just try and make sure all your important areas are covered.

Timotheus
23-12-2005, 04:56
Playing as Nicaea I have amassed quite an empire; to put down rebels I have made a cavalry army containing cataphracts, ghulam, hobilars (merced) camels (merced) steppe cavalry, pronoias, spahis, and mameluks (merced). Gave the marshal speed bonuses, cavalry mastery, etc. He's becoming quite a fighting machine!

Doux
23-12-2005, 15:58
The Admiral bonus helps speeding up the Marschal at sea, too.

weaz
23-12-2005, 16:00
the idea of a local marshall in every town is needed, check other threads

Elvain
23-12-2005, 17:21
you have to decide: either use Teutonic knights or have fast armies.

If I'd be in your situation, I'd put Teutons in every town's garison andhave faster units with your marshals.

Also strategist skill (movement) for marshals is very useful.

Gallifrey
23-12-2005, 18:49
you have to decide: either use Teutonic knights or have fast armies.

If I'd be in your situation, I'd put Teutons in every town's garison andhave faster units with your marshals.

Also strategist skill (movement) for marshals is very useful.

I'd be inclined to the same. Maybe have one army of heavy infantry and archers accompanied by siege engines for city assaults, but the rest of the armies being more mobile cavalry.