PDA

View Full Version : Getting and using Siege units

JWLchristian
03-01-2006, 04:19
When I play knights of honor, always have trouble getting any siege units beyond the ladder guys. I read the help which told me i need to upgrade the siege workshop in order to get other types of siege units. But, how do you upgrade the siege workshop? Second of all, i've sent ladder men in with my armies and ordered them to siege a castle and noticed that the ladder men did nothing to help make it any easier.. why is this?

Elvain
03-01-2006, 07:01
hi, JWLchristian :hello:

1) to get advanced siege units you need not to upgrade sisge workshop (what is impossible) but learn engeneering skill with your knight. The more he is skilled, the more advanced siege units he can usae

2) laddermen are usefull only when you assault a town with stone wall or bulwark. Against palisades they are useless as no unit can stand on palisade... also when you assault a town without any fortification, they are useless (in this case - of unfortified town - only balistas are usefull)
when using laddermen to assault fortified town they halp your forces to climb the walls and occupy the gate.

Timotheus
04-01-2006, 03:04
Occasionally a catapult will kill a person. But not nearly as effectively as a ballista

Doux
04-01-2006, 13:46
I noticed that Trebuchets kill none - ridiculous!

Ciaran
08-01-2006, 13:48
The problem, as Iīve seen it, that catapult and trebuchet, like the ballista, kill only one person per hit instead of smashing some more flat (as one would expect). Only, neither catapult nor trebuchet hit with every shot.

JWLchristian
09-01-2006, 01:43
well, that explains alot! so its your knight you upgrade NOT your siege workshop..

Ciaran
09-01-2006, 16:37
Indeed, although, as stated above, catapult and trebuchet are pretty useless against troops. Their advantage is that they can knock down walls, which is nice - and useless, too, since itīs better to get ladders to the walls, get swords up to secure the stairs and then place archers and crossbows on the wall. The AI canīt do much against that, because it always calls back its town watches that are placed on the wall at the start of the battle.

Doux
09-01-2006, 16:59
However, if you prefere to siege a town [letting the AI calculate] Trebuchets are destructive. They entail a lot of siege attrition.