PDA

View Full Version : I'm puzzled

Dragos
17-02-2004, 11:09
I saw the screen shots, and I've read some of the forums, but I dont get one thing:
These game is programed to apear on the market arround the end of the year 2004 or so right(+ or - days or moonts)? And the system requerments will be somewhere arround 800Mhz + or - Some Mhz, well by the time the game will be avable for buying the PC's that gamers will have will mostly be AMD/P4 at 1,8 to 3,2 Ghz, so there be other games that will make use of these configurations in better graphics, moore inteligent caracters, more complex buildings and so on.
I saw a screenshot of KoH in wich 2 armys warr fighting on a field on wich peasants warr doowing theyr daily agricultural worck... Well It's realy possible for someone to do that when thousants of people kill eachother by theyr side? (they should go for cover or something).
Remember that Pc have evolved and macking a game that requer a Pc that it's no longer in Use it's a bad game.
Sorry fot the bad crttics but I've been playng games for 10 years now and I know a bit about games and the system requerments.
Make a complex game, dont thinck about the systems needet to playit.

Henrik
17-02-2004, 14:45
Originally posted by Dragos
I saw the screen shots, and I've read some of the forums, but I dont get one thing:
These game is programed to apear on the market arround the end of the year 2004 or so right(+ or - days or moonts)? And the system requerments will be somewhere arround 800Mhz + or - Some Mhz,

According to the FAQ on the official KOH site (http://www.knights-of-honor.net/english/gameinfo/faq.php) - KoH is scheduled for release around 2nd quarter 2004.

Regarding the system reg. - ie. it's not every who are able to buy the newest hardware, so if it's possible to a great game ( which KOH is gonna be ;) ) for a machine with low spec. then i wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Frank Fay
17-02-2004, 15:08
But can be gameplay measured in system targets? Isnt gameplay what counts? Complexity has NOTHING to do with system specs.

Angryminer
17-02-2004, 17:08
He is speaking about dumb peasants.
He believes you didn't want the farm-workers to care about armies (and such) to lower the requirements.
So, remove the farm-workers from the battlefield and he, I, we all, and perhaps even you will be happy :D .

Angryminer

Frank Fay
18-02-2004, 09:37
He mentioned the farmworkers...yes...but there was something more in his post.

Regarding the farmworkers...we can calm you all down :p

Some :cheers: now?

greywulf
18-02-2004, 09:46
Thanks for the info Frank. :D

Dragos
18-02-2004, 10:05
Sorry if I sound like the badguy here, but I gues what I ment to say It was understood (having another AoK with simly larger maps and a fiev extra diferences doesent sound like to much fun.)
Macking peasants smarter was one example and tacking advantage of todays computers should brin in moore complexity.
(knights getting of the horses when they rest, archers finishing up theyr arrows draw theyr swords and so on). :)

-----------------------
Let loose your imagination, for in these days it's the only thing that pools us back. ;)

Henrik
18-02-2004, 10:11
Originally posted by Frank Fay

That's nice Frank - coz i think that we all can agree that IT would seem quite odd if an enemy army came rampaging through the countryside and the peasants still worked on their fields like nothing happend - peasants were probably "undereducated" back in those days - but i don't think they were stupid !

Bora
18-02-2004, 14:53
i think its a BIG plus that KoH doesnt need a hige pc to run.
at the moment you could biy every year a new pc to have the bes perfromence for the newest games.
best example is spellforce. that game would run fuently only with the newest pc hardware (if you wanna run it with all details)
i dont know if every game must have the "newest" grafik.

Jerome
18-02-2004, 15:16
Well It's realy possible for someone to do that when thousants of people kill eachother by theyr side? (they should go for cover or something).

lmao,

good point m8!

and good response as well Frank!

:cheers:

Haegemon
19-02-2004, 17:21
Originally posted by Frank Fay

Some :cheers: now?

This mean you devs did something about it...? :scratch:

Did you take note? It's a pleasant surprise for us? :)

Henrik
19-02-2004, 22:33
Originally posted by Haegemon
This mean you devs did something about it...? :scratch:

Did you take note? It's a pleasant surprise for us? :)

It seems like the devs has listen to the voice of the people :) - or maybe they have had this planned the whole time - who knows :confused:

Shade
19-02-2004, 23:02
I've just recalled of an interesting thing
and wanted to ask if the game will have that option...

when a castle is being invaded it would be a good idea to have the option of calling all your peasants to get into their houses or inside the walls...

will KoH have that option?

Dragos
19-02-2004, 23:16
----------------------------------------------

when a castle is being invaded it would be a good idea to have the option of calling all your peasants to get into their houses or inside the walls...

-----------------------------------------------

Good idea, when war comes to be able to call the peasantry to the arms or something, giveng them spears and swords to fight.

Henrik
19-02-2004, 23:21
----------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------

Good idea, when war comes to be able to call the peasantry to the arms or something, giveng them spears and swords to fight.

I'm also fond of this idea - it's a bit like it was in AOK - if i remember correct !