PDA

View Full Version : Very mad!

King Karl
12-01-2006, 17:21
In KoH 1000 AD province Estonia is in Lihtuanian kingdom :wtf:
Estonia was conquerod in 13th century begining :furious: but i can't play as Estonia in 1000 AD! Estonia wasn't conquerod by Lihtuania! Estonia was Estonia conquerod by noone in 1000 AD! so why can't I play as Estonia in 1000 AD :mad:
( I am from Estonia) you should put Estonia in this game in a new patch or KoH2!

Doux
12-01-2006, 22:43
Are these facts? It's possible to change countries in any mod, so that wouldn't be a problem.

dearmad
13-01-2006, 02:04
This is about the LEAST of this game's problems...

King Karl
13-01-2006, 14:04
Are these facts? It's possible to change countries in any mod, so that wouldn't be a problem.

Yes they are facts i checked from a history book. Estonia was conqured by german teutonic knights and danish in the end of 12th century

King Karl
13-01-2006, 14:05
Can anyone make a mod where Estonia is a country? nothing else changed only that. Estonia is a country not conquerod by Lihtuania. Latvia was a country 2 but i only need Estonia

Elvain
13-01-2006, 14:38
Estonia was never a independent county (at least not before Danish/Teutonic conquest)

Lithuania in KoH's 1000AD represents the baltic peoples, even Lithuanians complained that it shuoldn't be called as it is.
I thought about making "tribes of Balts" covering all of 1000's "Lithuania" or making several 1 realm "tribal areas" of "Ests", "Livonians" "Curs", "Samogitians" and "Prusians", but finaly I was too lazy and made only Prussians separated and the rest I left to Lithuania...

it may be one of possible changes in HR 1.7...
but surely I won't create counties of Estonia, Livonia, Courland it would be as incorrect as actual situation... there will be tribes

Balien
01-04-2006, 15:28
I'm sorry for bringing up an old post, but I also would like to say something.

It is true that the Estonia was never an indeprendent country before 1918, we didn't even call ourselves Estonians before the 19th century. But putting us under Lithuania is also wrong since the culture and languange was completely different. The Estonians were quarreling with the Balts, but we were never conquered by them. The widespread belief is that we are not even one of the Balts, because the Estonians came along with the Finns from the Urals, not from the south. We settled both, Estonia and Livonia, but the languages and beliefs were a bit different from each other, so those two may be taken as different tribes. And if I'm not wrong, there weren't even areas called Estonia and Livonia before the 16th century.

However, I would be really glad if I could lead a tribe of "Ests", "Livonians" or both of them in one.

Elvain
02-04-2006, 01:03
sad you posted it so late... I know you are right with the most but I already forgot about it... and Holy Rome 1.7 is without this change

maybe I will make some little update to Holy Rome mod.

I will make tribe of Finns in Finland and Nyland (today area of Finland), Ests in the realm of Estonia and Livonians in Livonia and Courland. The rest will still be part of Lithuania...

agreed?

btw, Estonia (Estland exists at least since 12th/13th century as Danish "province", Livonia is called Livonia since expansion of german knight orders (Teutonic and Livonian orders) in 13th century. Before that time "baltic area" was area of local tribes with no land borders (according to my infromation which are in many cases very limited)

Balien
02-04-2006, 15:01
Sure I agree.

And I'm afraid that You're right about the last thing, didn't think through.