PDA

View Full Version : Still no word about Patches or Development?

Canute
16-01-2006, 07:43
I have found this game interesting enough. Its a great premise and deserves a future.

At this point I have to assume it doesn't have one.

Please tell me I'm wrong. Has there been any news from the developers or the publishers about possible expansions, patches, etc... Anything at all in the last 3 months?

Canute

Angryminer
16-01-2006, 12:01
Word of mouth has it that Sunflowers is considering a patch. But propably just a "tell them we consider it, so they stop ranting"-strategy.
Oh, and there will be no expansion or sequel. Ever. (As long as Sunflowers has the legal rights to KoH.)

Angryminer

qorda
16-01-2006, 13:17
So did this game perform that badly in the market that no sequele is due? I guess medieval games dont have a huge market and a game in this category has to hit really well to tempt the publishers again!

Anguille2
16-01-2006, 13:23
Word of mouth has it that Sunflowers is considering a patch. But propably just a "tell them we consider it, so they stop ranting"-strategy.
Oh, and there will be no expansion or sequel. Ever. (As long as Sunflowers has the legal rights to KoH.)

Angryminer

No expansion ever isn't correct IMHO. It's just that Black Sea Studios has 2-3 projects in the pipeline...so there's no place for a sequel for at least 5 years. Maybe afterwards and if there is a sequel it's very likely gonna be 3d.

Webmaster
16-01-2006, 13:44
just a personal guess ... games coming 5 years in the future will be of course 3D and maybe online

Ciaran
16-01-2006, 16:12
So did this game perform that badly in the market that no sequele is due? I guess medieval games dont have a huge market and a game in this category has to hit really well to tempt the publishers again!
If you´d change "medieval" to "empire-management" you could be right. Too complex for a real mass market, I suppose.

King Karl
16-01-2006, 17:48
I hate 3D strategy games :nono: becuse you have to rotate the camera look stuff at diffrent agnle. I like 2D :sad:

Canute
16-01-2006, 18:38
No offence meant to anyone who put themselves out or who ventured an opinion but I find their silence insulting. Especially thanks 'Webmaster', the companies have put you in a terrible position.

Still, making excuses for them or 'wishing and hoping' rots the soul. The absense of a real response can only be taken as the response they offer.

It makes me think that they don't give a damn about us, our opinion, our loyalty or this board. Its a valid question that valid customers deserve a response to. Everyone who gets no response from them is going to interpret this, and them, in the worst possible light.

Everyone includes me.

Goodbye

weaz
17-01-2006, 17:46
It has been more than 2 months when the community has really begon asking for a patch or even a simple yes / no ...

What do we get? A company - remaining silent - who is waiting 'till the community is dead.
And if you truly give a damn, giuve us a simple yes or no and some possible additions.

Elvain
17-01-2006, 20:40
I'm afraid it is useless to ask Sunflowers for anything....

even a word...
I think we need some skilled programmer who's able to break the hardcodes, otherwise the game is dead in a year (I think that modding can go further a little and improve the game to be enjoyable for it's rock fans for a year and then die)

Knights of Honor was mentioned in a survey that it is good for students.
Who informed the community? the publisher? no, it would be too much to expect Sunflowers informing the community that this game has some success...
it was a KoH gamer who told us, the publisher isn't interested in this game anymore...

Ciaran
19-01-2006, 10:45
I think we need some skilled programmer who's able to break the hardcodes, otherwise the game is dead in a year (I think that modding can go further a little and improve the game to be enjoyable for it's rock fans for a year and then die)

Ah, but they wouldn´t post in the official board, as that´s illegal, breaking the hardcodes, I mean, if you´ve read the EULA. So, if there are any (and to be honest I would not be surprise to learn there are), we´ll hardly learn about it.

Doux
19-01-2006, 10:47
It can probably be broken, yes, but it's much easier to work with the original code. If that would be given free - Webmaster?

I don't think that there was anybody yet who liked KoH so much that he wanted to unravel the code.

qorda
19-01-2006, 12:09
I think a year is probably too long for the community to die. Most of the Mods have already been done by the people interested in it. My Mod will be out in few months but that will be directed at a particular kind of gamers. Mods, however, are not enough at this stage to keep this game going and some hardcore changes are needed in the original presentation of the game to rejuvenate the interest. Already the posts on this forum are only from some sticky fans of the game and there are not many new persons joining. Once around the summer time when there is a rush of new titles, this game will be all but dead. :bash:

Elvain
19-01-2006, 12:15
I will just add to the previous words

"... if Sunflowers continues in their policy"
it seems that it is their goal so it will probably be the result

though I am not sure. From time to time someone new still emerges and still there are wuite many users just reading posts here (I'd say that KoH forum is still read as much as other forums in this site, if not even more...)
but maybe that's the goal of SF. To make this game die and concentrate this forum to their own products only.

and to be honest, there are still new guys aksing questions also on paradox forums...

Doux
21-01-2006, 22:27
You're right, these forums ar still far from dying - but I don't know what will happen on the long term :sad:

New players will be coming..but I think eventually the "hard core" (who notices the ambiguity?) will starve too, and then, this game is lost. I think that when I'm done modding I'll lose interest in the game too. Maybe make these forums unsafe for a longer period of time, but not into eternity.

hawk_knight
21-01-2006, 22:33
yes thats true

but look at me
i am a member of this forum for almost three years now and i am still here :go: :cheers:

weaz
22-01-2006, 10:48
also probably my last SF product I bought