PDA

View Full Version : Only 3 Possible Maps on "Play On Europe"

Khan_Krum(BG)
16-01-2006, 22:17
Hello to all.

First of all i wanna congratulate for that game !!! It's the best game ever since StarCraft!
And the first game of its kind !
So i wanna as well say one BIG THANKS to FRUJIN ! - Bravo BRATE, Strahotna e Igrata!!

There are Only a few things that are bothering me:

- There are only 3 possible start maps - in Year 800, 1000 and 1200. What about the other Historical Periods ? For example the Bulgarian Kingdom was Created in Year 681 after Jesus.
I would like to be able to play as different Hystorical Periods as possible.
Could one do that ? Is it possible? Can you realise that in the next Path or do i need a so called Mods?

- What about Multiplayer options ?
I would like to play Multiplayer game not only in one Battle , but on Europe against other REAL (Human) Players, not just any Computer AI. Be able to taking provinces - just as that happens in Play on europe mode in single player.
That would be great if you could make it possible.

- What is with VOLGA BULGARIA ? They mus exist until 1350, have the muslim relligion and be anyhrere at te Volga River(having at least 5 provinces - as they are biger than Bulgaria at Donau).
Could that be fixed ? Or again - Mods ? :)

- When i once played Knighst of Honor (i played it a lots of Days, and Nights, not just ONCE) i figgured out that there is no Years-Counter. I do not get a real feeling that i am playing and actually changing the History.
It would be very nice if something like that exists in future patchs! :)

- and at last place the Different Provinces. I beleave the province Thrace was allways a part of Bulgaria, but in the game it is possesed by Byzantium. Could one add a fer more provinces since threre are Some different parts of Thrace.
Anyway the last question is not so important. But i ve got it just like an Idea and i wannted to share it with you :)

:go: :go: :go: :go: :go: GREAT GAME ! Please make it even more better, because it needs quite a little to be the best GAME EVER ! :) :hello:

Once again - special REGARDS to FRUJIN !

--------------------------------------
Long Live Bulgaria!

Mircoslavux
17-01-2006, 10:07
welcome to forum :hello: :cheers:

you can attach or post your ideas into the vote for the second patch, many of them are already there, so read it and then post new, if you have.

As you can see on the forum, here is a pat situation in the further development of this nice game, so we are waiting for the next steps from sunflowers...

in will be nice to have second patch or KOH 2...
:go:

Traveller
17-01-2006, 10:21
Parvo, zdravei i dobre doshal! Ok, ok, I'll keep it on English (although, if you prefer to speak on Bulgarian, there's the "Bulgarian clan" (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=1944) thread)!

Now, to your questions:

- Yes, there are only 3 starting periods. And no, they can' be changed, especially in a mod. We'll have to wait until an eventual expansion or sequel, which is highly unlikely, considering Sunflower's policy and BSS's work load with their new projects. And I also admit I would have liked if there were more periods, like 700, 900, 1100 etc. And in the 800 period we missed with only 5 years Khan Krum's big expansion into the Avar Khaganate (from 805)! :wink:

- No, there's no Europe Multiplayer too. And again it could eventually be done only in an expansion pack or sequel, i.e. don't hope for it.

- Volga Bulgaria is represented as Kazan (you can see its "info" in the starting screen), which is somewhat historically inaccurate, because Volga Bulgaria was "transformed" to Kazan only after it was conquered by the Tatars. And in 800, f.e., there were no Tatars in that region. Fortunately, this could possibly be changed in a mod, I think.

- There is no year's counter, which I personally like pretty much. This way you won't end up in the silly situation where Bulgarians are still fighting the Byzantines in 2150. :silly:

- Yeah, I would also like more provinces. More, more, give me more!!! :biggrin: But this would mean not only more work, but it would also create such little tiny provinces that it would become... Anyway, provinces themselves can't be changed in mods either. But if you have some suggestions, Elvain (one of the "big modders" here) is preparing a map with regions of whole medieval Europe here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=5966)! :go:

Elvain
17-01-2006, 12:36
it is possible to make a mod where the 3 periods will be replaced by other 3 periods. I already planned and started work on such thing, but finaly I left the idea as it requires quite lot of time :sad: which I don't have

Sir Sean
21-01-2006, 15:26
first constantinople is the capital of byzantia so thrace is NOT in bulgeria also your playing the game a bit one sided if you only play as one team the game gets boring youve got to change teams then.
sorry if this is offenceive but i just say what i think

Traveller
22-01-2006, 16:08
Thrace in real history, Sir Sean, not in-game. :rolleyes:

Sir Sean
23-01-2006, 16:55
yeh i look it up but its to confuseing for me but constantinople was the capital of eastern roman empire - byzantia

Traveller
23-01-2006, 21:01
Yes, exactly. But Thrace had also one other big and important city - Adrianople. And I also think that it would've been better if the in-game province Thrace was around the real Adrianople region, while Constantinople would be a separate in-game region. Besides, the real city of Constantinople was more valuable than whole geographical regions, not to mention these tiny provinces, so I guess it should deserve an individual province.