PDA

View Full Version : Difference between UK/USA version? Is there any? Please help.

KOHfan1
21-01-2006, 16:56
Hi,

I really liked the demo of KOH (UK demo) and want to buy the game now from the local shops. They have 2 different versions of KOH and with a different prices: 1) UK version with a code (5030930039516) and a another version with a code (SUE08004454) - I think the last one is a USA version or even a Finnish release, not sure?

Could someone please help and let me know does the games releases itself have any difference for the gaming? Example does the UK and USA releases have any difference?

Box art of the games are as in the following link: http://www.gamershell.com/pc/knights_of_honor/

(5030930039516) - left box
(SUE08004454) - right box

Angryminer
21-01-2006, 18:18
Welcome to the forums, KoHFan1! :halloha:
There are three distributors for KoH. One is Sunflowers, that is also the producer and distributes KoH in germany, the second is electronic arts, the distributor for france, UK, and some more european countries, and the third is Paradox Entertainment, the distributor in Finland, Sweden, Norway, Australia, USA, Canada, and a lot more.
Paradox Entertainment used a different box-design for their copies (the left one on ign.com) than the design used in europe (the right one). But, as far as I know, digitally both versions are the same, except for the languages available for installation (you don't want Knights of Honor in german, do you?).

Angryminer

KOHfan1
22-01-2006, 12:13
Hi Angryminer :go:

Thanks for letting me know about the distributors of KOH and other stuff!

The only thing that make me cautious against of these two versions is them price, UK version does cost some 40euros and the Finnish release/version some 15euros only.

Basicaly I would not mind if the: game installation, game help, game documents etc. would be in Finnish as it's my mother tongue actually - just as long as the digital game is the same as the demo, demo was a great one!

OK, I will buy that Finnish version first, because it's cheaper and will see then :cheers:

(it just seems that a different distributors of the game are asking a quite different prices also :biggrin: )