PDA

View Full Version : capture the general

gajahmada
27-10-2003, 07:26
can we capture the enemy general?
and if we can, do they have a morale thing so if we put them in prisone in time we can hire them as one of our general (like in game called three kingdoms)
or there is a bribe thing like in the total war

Odin
27-10-2003, 14:22
I hope we can capture them to, and ransom them back to thier former lords. Definate practice for the Medievil period as most commanders were of the nobility.

Frank Fay
27-10-2003, 21:46
There is no General in the game. Knights are leading armies. And guess what you can do, after you captured one ? :)

Greeny
27-10-2003, 22:06
Gut him like a fish?

Overdose
27-10-2003, 22:24
:eek: :eek: :eek: I hope all this shigs you guys are promising will be true !! :eek: :eek: :eek:

fireball21
27-10-2003, 23:41
me too. they all sound so good:D

vyanvotts
28-10-2003, 00:19
Originally posted by Frank Fay
There is no General in the game. Knights are leading armies. And guess what you can do, after you captured one ? :)

something evil i hope

fireball21
28-10-2003, 00:32
kill him or put him in a prison is fine with me.:lol:

vyanvotts
28-10-2003, 00:33
wheres the pain in that?:D you need to at least torture. maybe you should be able to torture enemy info out of him? like army sizes, economy info ect...

fireball21
28-10-2003, 00:38
putting them in the stalks until they die of starvation would be funny.:lol:

vyanvotts
28-10-2003, 00:40
Originally posted by fireball21
putting them in the stalks until they die of starvation would be funny.:lol:

:dwink: your sick :D

fireball21
28-10-2003, 00:51
you asked for painful didnt you? and i through in a little humor to the game:D

Pikeman
28-10-2003, 16:25
And after he's dead, his head can decorate your main gatehouse!!!:dwink: :angel: :cool:

Odin
28-10-2003, 17:10
Or it could be more like history and you can randsome them back to thier former lord for gold.

If the price isnt met, then you kill them. There in lies a problem, the commanders as Frank says are knights. But commanders of Medievil european armies were 9 times out of 10 nobility, had lands, and cash. They were leading armies because of the fuedel duties to thier lord and the people the commanded were the peasants that worked thier lands. There were very few professional standing armies really. So lets hope for the historical route where these guys are nobles and we can sell them back.

And if the king wont pay, then we kill them

Shimo
28-10-2003, 19:19
Odin,

Knights were in fact of the noble class. Only the nobles had the money and time to invest into becoming a knight.

Noblemen would send their sons to their/other lords as a child to become a page. Then in their teens they became squires and finally knights at around 21 or so.

Odin
28-10-2003, 20:25
Originally posted by Shimo
Odin,

Knights were in fact of the noble class. Only the nobles had the money and time to invest into becoming a knight.

Noblemen would send their sons to their/other lords as a child to become a page. Then in their teens they became squires and finally knights at around 21 or so.

There are literally hundreds of religous orders that produced Knights (teutonic order as an example).

Technically your right though, in the literal sense you were "Knighted" by a noble and granted lands so technically some Knights were nobles, and were trained by the Lords under the Kings rule.

Its fairly grey area as to who is by default, but as far as commanding armies, those were nobility, Knights or not... So my point is that historically if you captured a field commander he had a great deal of wealth due to being noble, and because he was the commander he was more often then not the wealthiest noble among the knights present.

Thats why I feel there should be an option to ransom the commanders. Those commanders should be Princes, counts, Dukes, whom had knights under them that were of the nobility, but not at the same level.

Greeny
28-10-2003, 22:02
There are literally hundreds of religous orders that produced Knights (teutonic order as an example).

They're more like Men-at-arms though.

Spudster
29-10-2003, 02:11
have some fun with him......sword in the belly, etc.

Jerome
29-10-2003, 20:02
i hope there will be a choice;

e.g. kill him (in whatever manner u might like;) )

or

be mercifull; one may find good use for a captured knight if he swears his allegiance to you...:D

Carcassone
29-10-2003, 21:11
Alright, enough with agonizing delay, what can you do with an opposing Knight? everthing that my fellow gamers have listed?