PDA

View Full Version : about MORALE in the tactical battles

Madmax
30-01-2006, 15:00
hello!!!

beside the campaign factors (like long marching, away from home, supllies and so on), which are the "in battle" factors influencing the morale of the units?

I know about the number of killed soldiers, but are there other factors?

So, for example, maluses from being flanked (surrounded), being target of ranged weapons, tireness, friendly units fleeing, overlapping with other friendly units, etc. Bonuses from enemy troops fleeing, fighting on higher ground and so on. Is anything like this in?

thx in advance :)

Angryminer
30-01-2006, 19:43
All boni/mali you named are in KoH as far as I know. I'm not sure about what you mean with "overlapping" so this may be an exception.
Let's talk about morale-boni/mali:
Friendly units fleeing or surrendering, enemy units fleeing or surrendering, fire arrows upon unit, amount of lost companions within the last minute, tiredness, day/night, king/prince/marshall fighting, king/prince/marshall suffering heavy losses, enemy or friends around squad, being charged at, and propably some more.
This is just morale. Information on other factors (like on chance to kill) are not very widespread and more word-of-mouth than hard facts.

In general: Everything realistic you can think of is in the game. :go:

Angryminer

Picotrain
30-01-2006, 20:08
Some units (Normans, for example) get bonuses for morale. So do Camel Riders, but only against horses. By bonus, I mean they make the opponents lose morale.

Madmax
30-01-2006, 21:14
thank you :wink:
i deduce that the most of the battle related parts are hard coded (did not look myself yet) that's in principle bad, cause you cannot mod it easyly... if at all

But it is good that the morale is so well implemented :go:

Doux
31-01-2006, 11:36
Well, morale modifiers are well moddable in defs/Misc/Morale.csv .