PDA

View Full Version : My King died of old age

Stinkpalm
05-02-2006, 08:47
Now the prince is the new king, but does not have a wife. What will happen? Will he be able to marry and carry on his line?

weaz
05-02-2006, 10:22
When your king - who isn't married - dies, your most experienced marshall will probably become the new king - also without wife. You can best marry your princes all.

Elvain
05-02-2006, 12:28
I would just replace word "marshall" by word "knight"

if your king dies childless the most experienced of your knights will become a new king. It may also happen that your kingdom will fall into civil war

but if you won't find any wife for your prince/king, the king will (after some time) merry an ordinary noble women from your kingdom (he'll fnd a wife himself)

Stinkpalm
05-02-2006, 19:18
Thanks for your help :) I feel better.

Patricius
05-02-2006, 19:48
A succession where there is no heir can sometimes lead to loss of territory. If rebels are roaming at will in a territory and the king dies without heirs, it is likely that territory will be lost.

Ammurit
05-02-2006, 20:28
A succession where there is no heir can sometimes lead to loss of territory. If rebels are roaming at will in a territory and the king dies without heirs, it is likely that territory will be lost.

I never marry my princes off, but rather prefer to let them marry ordinary noblewomen. This way I don't have to deal with pesky demands to attack other kingdoms from the kingdom I'm married to. Plus, I always take care to adopt the populations of newly-conquered provinces, convert them when necessary, and kill any rebels to avoid loss of territory. This way, the only problem caused by a knight becoming king is that I now have to re-educate another knight.

Elvain
05-02-2006, 21:36
I never marry my princes off, but rather prefer to let them marry ordinary noblewomen. This way I don't have to deal with pesky demands to attack other kingdoms from the kingdom I'm married to. Plus, I always take care to adopt the populations of newly-conquered provinces, convert them when necessary, and kill any rebels to avoid loss of territory. This way, the only problem caused by a knight becoming king is that I now have to re-educate another knight.
but when yourt king dies childless it may happen that your kingdom will turn into civil war, no matter on adoption. You will simply lose all the provinces you gained during the game, no matter if being adopted or not.
You were just lucky you haven't fall into the civil war yet...

Gallifrey
06-02-2006, 13:51
Neglecting to marry a king to a princess is not a good idea, and you lose some social and diplomatic benefits. When you have a royal wedding, your population is made much happier, which can settle down a public upset by the death of a king. Strong relations with another kingdom are very useful in so far as becoming elected emperor, and it's nice to have a good ally during war.
Marriage to a kingdom can also result in you having a claim on provinces, so if you're willing to ruin a relationship and risk war, you can grab some "free" land. It's also easier to install a spy in a kingdom to whom you are married (though I think that may only apply to your princesses being married to a foreign prince).

RelaxeD
06-02-2006, 14:47
:silly: Hmmm. I have a simple rule. If somebody try to calm my land somehow(in case when my princes is married), I will atack him with Serbias finest Calvary and destroy him with every one who try's to stop me... My english isn't so good but i give my best :silly:

Ammurit
09-02-2006, 07:01
but when yourt king dies childless it may happen that your kingdom will turn into civil war, no matter on adoption. You will simply lose all the provinces you gained during the game, no matter if being adopted or not.
You were just lucky you haven't fall into the civil war yet...

The possibility of this happening may be higher on the harder difficulties, but since I always play on easy, it will probably never happen. :wink: