PDA

View Full Version : Trade Routes?

tey216
06-02-2006, 01:21
How do I establish a trade route....? I have a few murchants. I set them up to trade with different nation however I will never generate any trade income. I here some of you talk about boats going on trade routes. How is this established? I have trade agreements with half of the world...

I figure it must be something so simple. Can somebody help a newbie out?

Elvain
06-02-2006, 09:06
hi and welcome here :hello:

The "trade route" is established when you hire a merchant and then in the knights menu "assign him to a trade route" to some other kingdom. And that's all. Then you should have income from trade (just put your mouse above the merchant (don't click) and you'll see what money does he provide to you)

Unfortunately the "trade route" is only imaginary. You won't see any ships going abroad, nor trade carts moving from your capital to the partner's capital. You see that the trade route is working when you have some kingdom's coat in left bottom corner of your merchant's icon.

The only posibility that your income is 0 is that you play my mod(HolyRome) and have no trade goods. In this case I recomend to get at least one as soon as possible (the more you have, the more you can sell - the higher is your income)

tey216
06-02-2006, 11:15
Thanx for the respond...

When I click on the income summary my trade income is blank. Is it because I am playing with an Islamic nation from North Africa...?

If thats the case I'll just use my murchants to govern my provences...

Elvain
06-02-2006, 11:32
and do you see any income when have the cursor above the merchant?

religion and location has no influence on trade (only relations)

Angryminer
06-02-2006, 12:09
If you want to make money from a trade route don't choose to import a good, but to trade for gold (the topmost option).

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :go:

Angryminer

Rolf
07-02-2006, 10:31
I've played through a couple times now, but I can't see any point to trading in goods over gold. If you trade for goods, you become dependent on that source for a Kingdom Advantage, but if it's gold and the trading partner suddenly doesn't like you, you can always shop around for more gold from a new trading partner.

But I have another question: Once when I was playing far into the game, raking in about 600 gold through my merchants, with about 10,000 gold on hand, I just finsihed getting several kingdom advantages, and suddenly my expenses exceeded my income. I think it was the population increase advantage that did, though I'm not sure. Why the sudden loss of income?

Doux
07-02-2006, 10:32
Probably because you had imported all Exotic Goods. If you import all possible, upkeeps go to 1500-2000 gold.

qorda
07-02-2006, 11:59
It is useful to sign a contract with a kingdom from whom you wish to earn gold etc but is there any good in signing trade agreement with a kingdom that has not much to offer and pops up its message asking for an agreement? Is trade mutually beneficial in sense of earning, for example, If I accept such a request and a kingdom starts trading with me but I am not activley not trading with that country but with other countries then will there be any affect on my income from that unilateral trade? :confused:

Angryminer
07-02-2006, 13:57
1. You only earn from a trade agreement when you assign a trader to do so. Otherwise there is no (financial) benefit.
2. Trade agreements can change your diplomatic relation. If you plan to befriend someone, sign a piece agreement. This has positive effects on your relation, as well as the chance to accept a marriage, etc.

Angryminer

tey216
08-02-2006, 08:15
If you want to make money from a trade route don't choose to import a good, but to trade for gold (the topmost option).

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :go:

Angryminer

Thanx...Didn't see that top most option... Now the money is just rolling in...