PDA

View Full Version : Avatars -- How to get them?

Pages : [1] 2

golddigger
27-10-2003, 09:13
I've seen some postings with different graphic images in the "Author" area under their names. I think such things are called 'Avatars'. Ok; how can we get them; how do we get them into the posting?????

I think that sometimes they are part of "Fan-kits". But I still would not know how to use them in a posting.
:cheers:

P.S.__ The smilies are cool, but I would like to use a "Gold Panner" smiley, if there was one.

:D

Moorkh
27-10-2003, 10:09
You can define an avatar under user cp -> edit options, I think. You can only choose from the range the board offers, though, not upload your own, iirc.

Edit: the explanation here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/misc.php?s=&action=showavatars) is not very clear on the subject.

BLOODUK
27-10-2003, 15:09
I think ill be an archer

Moorkh
27-10-2003, 17:36
Take good care of those fingers, then ;)

golddigger
28-10-2003, 10:17
Originally posted by Moorkh
You can define an avatar under user cp -> edit options, I think. You can only choose from the range the board offers, though, not upload your own, iirc.

Edit: the explanation here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/misc.php?s=&action=showavatars) is not very clear on the subject.

Thanks Moorkh; I went there and chose the archer. The 'Archer' fits in well for us "Paranoid - Covert" types. My wife & I each have compond bows; I've hunted deer with my bow. -- The deer must have thought my 'aim' quite funny. I got nothing but air. My wife is a great aim and her bow is set for deer. But she is not into hunting. For the past 17 years we could have filled our tags right off our back porch. But they come right up to the back door quite often -- who wants to eat a 'family friend' if we don't have to.

1.) The Swordsman is a 'close comdat'; 'hand to hand'; 'in the pists'; "tooth'n'nails"; (i. e. highly social) image. He works hard & plays hard. He gets every inch out of life. His motto is :: "Live hard; Die well!!".
2.) The Pikeman - Lancer is simmilar to the Swordsman but with a little distensing. He's a little 'stand off-ish', a bit more 'guarded'. A little more 'reserve' - less 'out going'. He's rather ridged and unflexable. Can be a bit 'legalistic' even 'self-righteous'. His motto might be :: "Stick it to 'um; Die with honor!!"
3.) The Archer is an observer, a watcher, with a singular focus (an aim on a goal, an objective). He is not a 'mixer'. The archer can tend towards paranoia &/or bi-polerisum (i. e. manic-depressive dissored); all of witch can be focused and used to a king's advantage. He's self-motivated, but usually loyal and good for covert missions. He can react swiftly & saverly if he is betrayed; even more-so if betrayed by a superior (i. e. king). His motto could be :: "Live smart; Die not easy, & not at all!!".

Well all that is just one-man's perspective; one 'view through the looking glass'. Others would see a different view of each unit's qualities. Those are mine.

{I'm having a lot of fun on this fourm, I hope it is still fun after the game finnaly comes out.}

:cheers:

fireball21
28-10-2003, 23:35
i think they need to add a few more to choose from

BLOODUK
29-10-2003, 00:13
golddigger no offense but why is your text SO bright?? its turning me away from this site because of that text can cause headaches and sickness.

Could you use normal text and not that, please thanks bud

vyanvotts
29-10-2003, 00:25
Originally posted by BLOODUK
golddigger no offense but why is your text SO bright?? its turning me away from this site because of that text can cause headaches and sickness.

Could you use normal text and not that, please thanks bud

lol i think its just bold isnt it?

BLOODUK
29-10-2003, 00:27
probably but its killing my eyes must be a way to turn it off.... bright white on black or grey backgrounds is horrible!

especially when your tired
:angry:

vyanvotts
29-10-2003, 00:29
go to bed then :D

Moorkh
29-10-2003, 07:38
Originally posted by BLOODUK
bright white on black or grey backgrounds is horrible!
:angry: [/B]

Heheh... you never used DOS, did you? ;)
I suggest you adjust your screen's brightness.

BLOODUK
29-10-2003, 13:04
Yer i used DOS, dont remind me
but then i was usually playing games
not staring at white text ;p

Spudster
30-10-2003, 00:32
Originally posted by fireball21
i think they need to add a few more to choose from

they do...but they said that "this is all the avatars to choose from for now"
hopefully they will come out with better ones and more range in color....

fireball21
30-10-2003, 04:06
the forum is not old so i will give them a little time:D

fireball21
30-10-2003, 04:48
New avatars were added. i am happy now:D

Moorkh
30-10-2003, 09:18
No they haven't. You've just been spamming enough to get above 50 posts! ;) That opens up three additional avatars. You'll get three more at 150.

@Frank or Frujin:
It is unclear what the following line is supposed to mean:
If you have more than 0 posts, you may also specify your own custom avatar.
IMO you should cut this line as it makes no sense but adds to the confusion.

Spudster
31-10-2003, 00:56
they have that line at the 1503 boards too....
it doesnt make sense...i think it might mean you can choose from one of these avatars when you have more that 0 posts..

Moorkh....he knows about the avatars and stuff due to the 1503 boads.....and i dont think he is spamming....

vyanvotts
31-10-2003, 03:14
wow, i feel so privileged, my archer looks damn cool. :D

Greeny
31-10-2003, 03:56
He's not an archer my friend, he's a Longbowman!

fireball21
31-10-2003, 03:59
they are almost the same. they both shoot arrows.:)