PDA

View Full Version : How are Crashing (early completion) Costs calculated?

Lord_Nick
15-02-2006, 22:52
KOH allows you to crash (rapidly accelerate) the construction of buildings by clicking the little button on the right of the progress bar.

Does anyone know how the crash costs are calculated? I see some start at 15 K, others at 21 K, and some at 90 K.

Is the initial cost determined by the gold cost of the building and the "per-tick" reduction based on the total cost divided by the construction time?

For example, a church costs 3000 Gold and 700 workers.
-Say the province has 10 workers in it. It would take 700 workers/10 workers (or 70 ticks) x 5 seconds/tick = 350 seconds to complete construction normally.
-The crashing cost of a church is 21,000 gold at time 0.
-Divided over 70 ticks, the cost per tick is 300 gold. So at tick 1 (5 sec), the crash cost would be 20,700. Is this correct?

Is the initial crash cost [CC_0] = Cost x 7 ?
Crash cost at tick n [CC_n] = [CC_0] x {1 - (n/(workers for building/workers in province))}

I have a feeling my [CC_0] calculation is incorrect.

Thanks

Doux
16-02-2006, 11:53
I think that the SpeedBuild cost is entirely based on the number of workers needed to complete the building. I didn't check this though, but I remember Siege defences were extremely expensive to SpeedBuild, as well as Merchants Guilds et cetera. Maybe it's also defined per building.

But as I said, I'm not sure about this.

Angryminer
16-02-2006, 13:25
In unmodded KoH the force-building costs 30 * number-of-required-workers, if I remember correctly.
I'll do the math for the church:
700 work-units required. 30 gold to force-build for each work-unit, that's 30 * 700 = 21000. Phew, enough math for this month! :wink:

Angryminer

Doux
16-02-2006, 19:36
In unmodded KoH, you say? How can we mod the "30' modifier, I imagine it is in econst.in2?

What? Enough maths? One can't actually have enough of maths. Or am I the only bèta oriented person on these boards? :P

Lord_Nick
17-02-2006, 18:31
Thank you for your replies.

Does anyone know how town authority crashing costs are calculated?

For Cath/Orth/Mus countries it seems to be some Gold cost + 1000 Piety. The Gold cost is reduced each tick while the Piety stays fixed at 1000.

For Pagan countries, the cost is Gold only, and this is reduced each tick.

Does anyone know how many ticks it takes to take over town authority and what the costs are?

Do the costs change based on the "value" of the province? How many workers, towns, monasteries, buildings, it has?