PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Me and my allies...

Angryminer
23-02-2004, 12:58
I just played EU2 nearly 3 days long (at a minimum of sleep) and wondered about my influence on my allies in KoH...
In my EU2-game my allies accepted peace-treaties with my enemies even if our alliance was about to crush our helpless enemies and our enemies demanded money for peace...

So here's my question:
How will peace-treaties (etc.) work?
Will one of the alliance command his allies when to fight and when to be friends, or will all allies meet and vote about their future actions (The military strongest nation owns the most votes, the weakest nation the least votes).

Angryminer

Darius
23-02-2004, 16:17
I played EU2 too, and had the same problem.... just before your alliance was about to win, one or two of your allies make peace-treaties with the enemy... so I think your question, Angryminer, is a fair one.

Irish
23-02-2004, 16:35
That always got me as well in EUII. If you are not the member of the alliance that initiated the war, this can be very aggrevating. If you declare the war, you can fight indefinitely. If your ally declares war, you are best taking a few provinces and then offering peace.

Angryminer
03-04-2004, 12:57
I'm really sorry to push this thread up, but this one is really interesting to me.
Perhaps the devs don't want to reveal everything, but it would be very nice if there was at least a little hint ;) .

Angryminer

Elewyn
03-04-2004, 13:29
I never played EU2, but I hope that in KoH a player can support his ally, or end the war only when he wants it.
F.e. a player is asked to engage the war of his stronger ally, but has some good diplomatical relations with his ally's enemy, so he will be neutral. Or if he has no relations with potential enemy, but has not enough money or armies, he will only support his ally by diplomacy or financial help or send his mercenaries to his ally, or simply refuse it (which should weaken the alliance).

Little different thing is vassality, where the vassal must support his overlord if he asks him to.

Devs? any comment to this? or later?

Frank Fay
03-04-2004, 19:33
when you are allied you can pass without asking the territory of your ally. In the diplomacy interface there will be a button "Use Alliance" where you can ask your allied to attack someone you are in war with. An allied my ask you also to attack an enemy. But AI remembers if you dont follow the request, dont help when attacked or you attack him even you are allied.

Regarding peace, if you are in war with someone, the only option you have is to "Resolve Peace".

There are several options for peace:
- Just propose a peace treaty
- Propose to become a vassal
- Ask someone becoming a vassal for you
- Also tributes are possible

More later, in specific feature as diplomacy has many features and is in our eyes very unqiue.