PDA

View Full Version : Epidemics

Kuno of Gersenau
23-02-2004, 19:52
Hi

I've got a question, are there also epidemics how the plague in this game?

thx for answers

Cork2
23-02-2004, 20:09
I am not sure about that but i would say no.

Henrik
23-02-2004, 22:47
I also think that events like this would have a positive effect on the gameplague :D Ie. this could tip the balance of power in those regions where the plague struck, coz it would reduce the number of troops and civilians - but at the same time prevent the regions from getting attacked ( i don't believe that anybody would be stupid enough to invade a plague infected area ) - but when the plauge has gone then the region will be weak and this could force that region to get allied with another region in order to protect itself.

Rnett
23-02-2004, 23:35
I think it would be interesting also, let's say you did attack a region that was infected (didn't know it at the time) and your army brought it back with them to your empire.:dwink:

Henrik
24-02-2004, 00:07
Originally posted by Rnett
I think it would be interesting also, let's say you did attack a region that was infected (didn't know it at the time) and your army brought it back with them to your empire.:dwink:

i'll agree, but i also suggest that you should start loosing men ( in you army ) while you walk in an area where the plague are - this will prevent players from passing through the area.

This whole plauge idea has IMHO a GREAT potential :go:

Justinian
24-02-2004, 05:52
This whole plauge idea has IMHO a GREAT potential

And it’s historically accurate as well. Plagues were tremendously important in bringing about change and general havoc in the Middle Ages.

shagrath_the_dead
24-02-2004, 19:04
sounds pretty cool indeed

Jarlabanke
24-02-2004, 19:07
Has there been any disscusions concerning sieges and plagues, as in catapulting corpses across the walls.

Henrik
24-02-2004, 22:35
Originally posted by Jarlabanke
Has there been any disscusions concerning sieges and plagues, as in catapulting corpses across the walls.

We have sorta discussed it in the Siege Equipment (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138&highlight=dead+animals) thread, but we didn't really get any comments from the devs on the "ammunition" issue :(

Kuno of Gersenau
25-02-2004, 20:17
I see you agree with me, that it would be interesting...:)

I'm interested now what the devs say. (And if it isn't in, maybe it would be an Idea for the X-Pack or KoH2:D)

Kuno of Gersenau
27-02-2004, 21:51
Comeon Frank or Frujin please reply and i will pray, that you get 100 years old...:D

Frank Fay
28-02-2004, 11:47
We have random events in the game... What are these, we will tell you a bit later. But one could be for instance that your food production will sink about x% for a while and some of your realms my have hunger and you have to buy them food to survive until the event is over.

Kuno of Gersenau
28-02-2004, 11:50
ok, thanx. Again it sounds great....:cheers:

For such news you should become 200 Years old...:D ;)

Frank Fay
28-02-2004, 11:53
cool, thanks :cheers:

Henrik
28-02-2004, 14:28
Originally posted by Frank Fay
We have random events in the game... What are these, we will tell you a bit later. But one could be for instance that your food production will sink about x% for a while and some of your realms my have hunger and you have to buy them food to survive until the event is over.

I also like that Frank :) - but when you say "random events" like hunger - it would be a fair guess from us to assume that outbreaks various of epidemics also will be included - at least that's what i can sorta figure out when reading "between" the lines in your reply ;)