PDA

View Full Version : It's too late, but here's what I hope:

dearmad
24-02-2004, 00:35
Lots of little details, but they matter to me and add a lot to the immersive qualities of a game:

I hope that:

I can name my King if I want to... and name the children that are born.

Ships do not always die in combat, because escape was a real possibility too- so often in naval combat the quarry gets away.

I can name my ships and possibly my armies... it would be nice to have one noble's men named: The Deadly Earthworms, or something!

Spies really are a sincere and important part of the game... assassination can make critical changes to the "history" of the game... see next idea:

That the Pope is in the game and causes all sorts of trouble, and that the various Kings in europe can have some affect on how the pope get's elected, by killing cardinals, by installing them, or maybe even assassinating the Pope himself should you dare ofend christiandom! (I would). The pope should have his own finances and armies and threaten kings who offend him- probing for alliances and whatnot.

Bastard children are occasionally born who cause a LOT of trouble OR end up saving the kingdom by curing the royal family's blight of hemophilia. :king:

Once in awhile a random event pops up (optional in game) and causes me to change ALL my plans to take advantage of it or to recover from it.

Occassionally one of my daughters marries against my WILL! :angry: Causing me to blood feud against her adopted familty... tragically, because I cannot restrain my anger!

Occassionally one of my sons KILLS ME! Throwing the kingdom into anarchy! :rofl:

That the role play elements to this game are are developed as they appear to already be... please don't let me down on this. PLEASE!?!? :angel:

Well, anyway if none of these is possible, can we do the naming of my King and children at least?

Cork2
24-02-2004, 06:44
Well there is a lot of detail in the game.

From what we have heard you can't name your king or children. It will have kings and children that existed during the middle ages.

Don't know about the ship thing.

I doubt you can name your army. If you can't Name your king then i doubt you can name your army or ships.

Spies could be important if you rely more on espionace.

No I think that is more micromanaging and the game is more about a king taking over the world.

Umm Prolly not but could be a neat idea.

Yes lots of randome event like some one tried to assasinate you or a army invaded you or you citizens are rebeling and other stuff.

From what i have heard your daughters can't marry against your will.

There is not anarchy. If the king dies the next in line will take over if you have no heirs then the knights will take over and split the kindom.

There are no roleplaying element, sure you get to play as a king but he doesn't gain rank, this is a stratagy game.

If you weren't asking for infor mation about this sorry then.

Henrik
24-02-2004, 11:37
Hey dearmad

I agree with Cork2 that there are some great ideas in quarry, but i guess that if the devs have to keep on schedule in terms of the release ( we don't know that one yet ) then IMHO your suggestions are to many and to late :(

One can always hope that some of these suggestions would find their way into a sequel to KOH ;)

Elewyn
24-02-2004, 15:29
I hope that:

[QUOTE]I can name my King if I want to... and name the children that are born.naming of children is good idea, because you are the creator of history when you're king once. But you must once make first step into the history...the real history. I don't like it, but yes, that option can be nice although I don't like to fight angainst Gandalf, king of France or sth like this :angry:
But yes, give us tghis option. Make us, players happy. Also those who want fun and fun and fun and fun and then faaaaaar away accuracy.
That the Pope is in the game and causes all sorts of trouble, and that the various Kings in europe can have some affect on how the pope get's elected, by killing cardinals, by installing them, or maybe even assassinating the Pope himself should you dare ofend christiandom! (I would). The pope should have his own finances and armies and threaten kings who offend him- probing for alliances and whatnot. I would like to have special statute of the pope, but I don't think it will be.

Occassionally one of my daughters marries against my WILL! :angry: Causing me to blood feud against her adopted familty... tragically, because I cannot restrain my anger! I can't remember any situation like this in middle ages. Not in any royal house. Daugtters folleowed their fathers' will because they were totally dependent on it!!

Btw. I agree with Cork2 and Henrik. This game has lot of wonderfull details. To stay on your side. That does not mean we don't have any reason why to want more details like this :D

dearmad
25-02-2004, 02:42
Well the only three I was really hoping for were:

the naming of the King (so I can be King Dearmad!) and the sons... Dearmad II, Dearmad III, Dearmad the IV, and Bobo the GREAT!...

the pope parts- at least SOME intrigue with the papel states where the papel player (always the AI?) has some special powers- to grant certain annulmments, priviliages, threaten you, excommonicate, sell indulgances, you know... allow a merchant family to arise from commoner status to grand dukes of milan!

and the ships escaping combat at times part- so it's not easy to simply isolate yourself on, say, corsica or sardinia, etc...

But anyway, if the AI can play the game well, then rest assured what is already promised to be in the game will satisfy me for a long time- until the EXPANSION PACK! :bday:

Cork2
25-02-2004, 18:30
Hehehe, that is if they inted of having one or just go straight to Knights of Honor 2 or maby Soldiers of Honor(WW 1 or WW2) Of couse this isn't true i don't know what they are planning.

theaztec45
26-02-2004, 00:47
yeah the pope should definitley be in the game becuz religion was a very very important part of the game. But i guess it's too late. :( oh well no matter what, though, this game will probably one of the best games i have ever played. ttyl :cheers:

ArmosaDrako
26-02-2004, 02:44
I think ideas like this should be put in a say....an expansion pack or mod pack later on, or stronghold 2...even if your ideas don't get used now, don't mean it won't be used later, great ideas...let's see what happens with the demo...

rado907
26-02-2004, 02:56
i suspect it will be a piece of cake to change the names of kings/princes by editing some file or something

Cork2
26-02-2004, 06:45
Don't need a pope. This game is about a king and his kingdom and not a pope.

Elewyn
26-02-2004, 15:09
Originally posted by Cork2
Don't need a pope. This game is about a king and his kingdom and not a pope. But when you were a king once, you had to be carefull about what does the pope think about your actions.

Cork2
26-02-2004, 16:38
I don't care about the pope. If he doesn't like my actions he shall face the wrath of my army.:cheers: :D

dearmad
27-02-2004, 02:16
Which would be the point of including him- to add to the strategic details and fun of the game.

Arjenvs
27-02-2004, 08:15
Originally posted by rado907
i suspect it will be a piece of cake to change the names of kings/princes by editing some file or something

That was exactly was I wanted too say.... I assume that that is not difficult to edit in some file.....:cheers:

Emhyr var Emreis
27-02-2004, 08:36
I don't care about the pope. If he doesn't like my actions he shall face the wrath of my army.:cheers: :D Of course he can face the wrath of mighty army of powerfull excomunicated king Cork2 :D.

Only your people won't like you if they won't be able to bury their relatives in the right way for reaching the Heaven.;) :angel:

Cork2
27-02-2004, 18:48
Big deal they don't listen to me it will be the dungoen for em. I will overthrow the him and unexcomunicate myself. :D

dearmad
29-02-2004, 00:46
Well, I got MY WISH from this list: the Pope is IN (to some degree).

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=11922#post11922

No on to my NEXT wish:

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=665