PDA

View Full Version : KoH the best Medieval RTS Game ever!

Bora
24-02-2004, 15:26
Hi!

i fallow Knights of Honor since it started and i loved it from the beginning. one reason is that i liked MTW and i was sad that they dont use the medieval for the new TW game :(
so i was glad that another company is takeing that time period and makes a RTS game.
i also watched if there are other games like KoH, but the truth is, that there is nothing that really comes close to it at the moment!
i dont count MTW to it, cause its older and everyomne should know what i am talking about.
this game has al great things in one:

- real time strategy
- world map
- diplomacy
- spionage
- build up feature
plus extras like day&night change, raining periods and nice animations like fog out from the chimney. it also has a lot of realism like sige equipment are carried by units or horse or buildings cant be destroy with jus a sword carrieng soldier.

ok, there are games like haerts of iron or EU or EU2 but those games dont have battles in closeup view (where you see all your soldiers and the battlefield) and you dont see any nice animations like working farmers or that fog i talked before.

o.k. if we talk about the best RTS Game ever, without talking about if sts based on reality, sci-fi or fantasy, then the best will be RTW (rome - total war) and maybe after that battle for middle earth. but i think that the medieval has more flair then the old roman age. its also when i look at brave hart and gladiator,... i always would prefer to watch brave hart.

so i am really looking forward to this game :cheers:

shagrath_the_dead
24-02-2004, 18:53
same here ;)

Henrik
24-02-2004, 23:01
I also have a good feeling about KOH, but maybe it because of my age, *having a look of ancient wisdom in his eyes* :D , but i think that to call KOH: the best Medieval RTS Game ever! without even having seen a demo or at least videofootage would be a exaggeration IMHO - keep in mind that there are so many things that can go wrong in terms of general gameplay like unit handling etc. I still wanna see some more "hard evidence" before i'm convinced - some may call this "a healthy scepticism" other would probably call me a pessimist :)

btw, lots of the features which suppedly are found in KOH will also be in another game which is due to release soon.

shagrath_the_dead
24-02-2004, 23:15
if i may ask henrik
which game is that??

Kiith
25-02-2004, 00:49
I agree with your sentiments henrik, it is be bit early to give KoH a ‘best of’ title. Thou the small graphical touches and knight/unit management that Bora touched on are very encouraging. I’m also curious of the title of the other game of which you speak is it Sierra's latest effort?

KOSKnight
25-02-2004, 01:08
ya i wished CA would make Medieval and shogun total war with there new engine and options they would be 10000x better... but since they said R:TW nickname is moddable some will make it i think :)

Serrias new game will be Lords of the Realm 3 but it dasnt look anywere near as good as KoH looks.

im also lookin forward to Strength and Honor that games has gret ideas and really uses the chain of command in armys.
http://www.ezgame.com/SNH/index.html

dearmad
25-02-2004, 02:36
I just SINCERELY HOPE that the AI does not come braindead in the box.

The GAME better put up a reasonable fight without too much overt cheating and make it fun to play- if it's just a blatent cheater in order to win or it never puts up any challenge (never uses spies, is easy to manipulate, doesn't use ships, etc...) then this game will back in the store before you can can say-

Elewyn
25-02-2004, 09:46
Yes, it seems to be the best game, from whatwe can see now. If everyt other important part of game will be good like this...
I'm looking forward to seeing it whole and then say the name of this thread :)

Bora
25-02-2004, 10:02
Originally posted by KOSKnight
ya i wished CA would make Medieval and shogun total war with there new engine and options they would be 10000x better... but since they said R:TW nickname is moddable some will make it i think :)

Serrias new game will be Lords of the Realm 3 but it dasnt look anywere near as good as KoH looks.

im also lookin forward to Strength and Honor that games has gret ideas and really uses the chain of command in armys.
http://www.ezgame.com/SNH/index.html

if the mod RTW i would love it. i hope that the guys who moded MTW with a "greek&romans" will also mod RTW.
they moded it from sthe units, to the stile and the map
the problem with mods: most of them are real buggy, and most of them are not fnsihed in detail.

dearmad
25-02-2004, 18:14
Well I'm just going to say this one more time for effect:

Make **** sure the AI is NOT dead and CAN PLAY the game WELL... or face the wrath of my $ going back into my bank account. :angry:

Ok, got that off my chest... now back to anticipating for the #1 game this year.

Cork2
25-02-2004, 22:30
Whoa calm down dude and no cussing plz the dev/mods don't allow that.

dearmad
26-02-2004, 02:35
*I* made the asterisks, not the censor program... so I didn't even bother to swear, I just hit *** and *** and **** like that. :)

rado907
26-02-2004, 02:52
i say play first, rate later

King Yngvar
26-02-2004, 12:03
It certainly looks like the best, I will just have to find out if it really is the best...

Overdose
26-02-2004, 15:21
It will own !! no doubt about it :)

dearmad
27-02-2004, 02:19
***** ****!

:angel:

Siautas
27-02-2004, 10:38
Agree KOH will be great game:cheers: but I'm waiting R:TW as well. These two game will be my main strategy fun in 2004.

:cheers:

Bora
28-02-2004, 11:20
i think they must really work like microsoft (:D sorry) do screw it up, means fast developing without doing important tests.
as frank says, there wil be a demo before the release. so there you can see if the game will be good or not.