PDA

View Full Version : How KOH2 should be like...

johanan
05-03-2006, 21:38
There's already many days i wish to present some ideas about KOH possible evolution...

I think also many of u have their own ideas and it will be pleasant we express them and talk about in a fair way.

First of all i would like to say my positive opinion about the efforts of Sunflowers to develop the better they could nice games and give possibility to their fans to communicate through this forum...

Different game screens

In the game there is a distinction between different screens.

There's a normal view with different provinces, covered by moutains, forests, plains or only sea. On this view we could see unites movements and routes. Thats fine.

This same view could be changed into 'political view' each country into different colours, associated with different sprites, depending of political situation, ressources, and so...

We could snap into a 'tactical view' when a battle is on by the function "I'll lead [the battle]". With this we enter in a different environment. We have a large map with the 'Castle' and different 3D drawings that (symbolic?) represent economical equipment of the country (fields, houses, mills, wells, rivers or swamps, desert, trees, etc.)...

Actually this represent, for me, an unemployed potential of the game...

A better economic management system

There a lack of a local view for better economic management. This view exist but only concerns 'tactical management'.

I imagine that if we had possibility to access to the same map (even if 2 or 3 times larger it would be better) with basic organisation (river, forest, hills, rich or poor soil, some fields, and with some population around some basic buildings), it would be nice to try to 'develop the country (county size?) for better gold income and better demography. Not true ?

(A possibility may alloy to switch into 'automatic economic management' with basic AI help.)

For this, and with a certain amount of money (player treasure) let people build wells, bridge, mills, other buildings, cut forest, placing new fields, bread animals, etc.
It would be nice to have possibility to help people to develop first demography then workshops and commercial system... upgrade military buildings and doing that improving political importance of the 'county'...

Then we understand that a better demography means more 'peasants with forks' troops, more trained soldiers, more educated people... with other needs, etc.
But better demography means also more money incomes AND more economical problems with necessary foods stocks, with market, with better roads to other surounding 'counties'...

Further implications for economical simulation

But let imagine that this 'county view' could also serve for the 'tactical view', imagine raids of armed mens that burn harvest and kill civilian around and manoeuvring in same time to make siege and force forteress ! It would be evidentely and visiblely desastrous for people (starvation, poverty, revolts...) a complet destabilisation of what you spend many time to develope and take care (as your own poperty!)... and for your treasure incomes !!!! (interresting to say what would be the most hard to accept...)

As i see the beauty and complete equipement of peasants in 'tactical view' i can't imagine this kind of simulation was not in the mind of the early conceptors of KOH but they had to abandon this option for different reasons...

For me this 'county view' drawed in nice colors and well designed with green fields, rivers, forest for hunting and wood, nice roads, precious houses and town buildings, would be the more interresting side of this Middle-age simulation...

It's not a neglectible issue to consider that a 'real economy' system will oblige to drastic choices... For example if u decide to raise 'peasants with fork' for war you will take risk to see your economical indexes fall down in same proportion... In contrary a peacefull kingdom will economically grow faster than a militarist one... That's a totally new chalenge !

William Wallace
05-03-2006, 23:01
Please stop making threads which already exist. There's already a thread KOH2 wish list please post your views there. Saves a lot of confusion if you have few threads & it'll get more attention in the correct place.:bash:

johanan
06-03-2006, 01:27
Sorry i didn't care that there was an old thread with close the same subject...

But in fact, looking at it closer i observe the real tittle i should have choosen is : "KOH2 as Middle-age society simulation". Because on the first thread they talk more about KOH2 as a better "military simulation"... With more or different fight unites. That is not the same, but quite complementary...

I try to develop what would be a KOH2 on basis of deeper and more realistic economy simulation...
I think KOH2 is a great subject and deserve more than only one "all-in-one" thread... Don't u agree ?

Elvain
06-03-2006, 08:57
the thread ideas for KoH 2 is not limited only as military... it was planned as comlex thread about the entire game topic.

but to William Wallace: the thread KoH2 is more like ideas how to enlarge KoH to be better, while this thread seems to be a way how to make KoH somehow diferent game.

Eventhuogh I would merge it with "mod and historical accurancy..." thread...

johanan
06-03-2006, 10:32
I agree with u Elvain..

I would like to apologise... but the whole thing is that forum appears to give place to linear thread structure more than a tree structure... that make things a bit more confusing and difficult to develop a particular point in a general topic...
Perhaps time to time it would make things more clear and easy to read to open new thread and express a new conception...

I think u have well understood this, pointing difference between "enlarge and make better" and "how to make it different"...

Because on first path u take same foundation to upgrade the system, and other case u dig more for bigger foundations... Upon that the "building" u will build on could be completlly different not only in form but in destination aswell. You had barrack for recruits, you plan to found a school for students...

William Wallace
06-03-2006, 10:48
Well I respect your views:go: & I just wanted to help:angel: . Anyway I don't care how many threads there are about the same topic but I still think you should have posted your views in the first thread cause as you rightly said "Because on the first thread they talk more about KOH2 as a better "military simulation"..." & I think your economical perspective could have been a good change of disscussions. By the way I hope you know that KOH2 is not going to happen:sad: atleast that's what I read, though I think KOH2 with superb ideas like yours:go: could really ROCK it's really a shame the developers BLACK SEA STUDIO & producers SUNFLOWER have kindda forgotten all about KOH. They should really think about their customers.:angry:

johanan
06-03-2006, 11:03
Thank you William, i see you appreciate my ideas although they're not well presented... =)

But don't let us fall into sceptisim... let's dream together about a better world and continue to talk about it would be and how to realize it...
=)

-----
by the way i had already seen (similar theard) : IDEAS FOR KoH2!!!!!!!!!

but i didn't remark until now there was a nice : Knights of Honor 2 - Wishlist

i'm very sorry !