PDA

View Full Version : tough to build university

Syagrius
09-03-2006, 13:58
My empire is quite large (byzantium) however I can't find a suitable province with the needed ressources and buildings to eventually build a University (and get the book good). Is it something you experienced in your games?

Gallifrey
09-03-2006, 14:30
Universities and Cathedrals are, I have found, very difficult to build due to the sheer number of required resources. Universities are easier to build than Cathedrals, but that's not saying a lot. I have yet to build a Cathedral in any game, but I have built Universities.

The idea is that large, advanced structures like those are supposed to be rare, but I think they're *too* rare. Having a huge empire with no resources for a University is ridiculous.

Shane
09-03-2006, 15:21
Go to the political map, then choose the "buildings filter", then find Universities. It'll tell you where Universities are, and where they can be built.
This method also works for Cathedrals, too.

On a sidenote, the rarity of Universities and Cathedrals is ridiculous, in my game as Venice, I could get three Universities and a Cathedral in just a small area around the Balkans, and Italy, while in my game as Castilia, the nearest place for a University was Ireland, and for a Cathedral, Russia.

Doux
09-03-2006, 22:36
You can increase the (minmum) number of Univ's et cetera in game, if you want.